Download openGL2.0

Dear friends,
If openGL2.0 is not back compatible with openGL1.2, where to download it from?

Dude I already told you that there are no OpenGL 2.0 “downloads” available right now. The spec just has been released. Furthermore its the 3d card manufactures job to implement OpenGL 2.0 into their drivers.

On MS Windows OS’es OpenGL 2.0 functionality will only be available through the extension mechanism there wont be a new .lib or .dll just a new headerfile.

If you want to download something anyway the best place to look would be:

http://developer.3dlabs.com/openGL2/index.htm

And yes OpenGL 2.0 is backward compatible to 1.2.

You dont need to spam this forum with the same question over and over again. One thread for each question and person should be sufficient dont you think?

AFAIK the latest hardware, GF6800, only have hardware support for up to OGL 1.5. In another word, EVEN if 2.0 is out, no video card has full support for all the features in OGL2.0

What feature of GL2 does the GF6800 not support?

Originally posted by <Deguy>:
What feature of GL2 does the GF6800 not support?
From Nvidia
Full OpenGL support, including OpenGL 1.5

To be honest, I don’t really know if the 6800 has FULL support for all GL2 features. Since 6800’s spec didn’t mention 2.0, I natually assumed it only has full support for 1.5.

The 6800 has full support for GL2.
GL2 adds the high level shaders (GLSL) to the core, non-power-of-2 textures, point sprites to the core.

Drivers don’t say GL2.0, but that doesn’t matter.

Nice, it just makes me more want a 6800…

hey, i have an VIA graphics and i was wonderin if there was anyway for me to play call of duty? my friend says i should buy a new card, any suggestions?

Originally posted by <jim>:
hey, i have an VIA graphics and i was wonderin if there was anyway for me to play call of duty? my friend says i should buy a new card, any suggestions?
Well, if really depend on your budget. If you are a developer and is more concerned about feature over performance, I’d got with one of the following:

Radeon 9600
Radeon 9500/9700
Radeon 9800

Geforce FX5600 or higher

I wouldn’t buy anything less than a 9500 or FX5600, simply too slow for modern games. Also, if you have a deep pocket, the 6800/X800 are great cards!

where can i download OGL 1.2.1? I cant fseem to find it anywhere!

openGl2.0 library

The question for the moderators/administrators: Is it possible to lock threads older than, for example, 6 moths?
It would be nice to enable automatic locking after some period of time.