NEED SOME HELDABOUT OPENGL AND WIN2K

HI GUYS I NEED SOME HELP I WENT ONTO THE OPEN GLSITE AND THEY SAID THE NEW OPENGL IS WIN2000 COMPATABLE BUT WHEN I DOWNLOADED AND RAN IT, IT SAID OPERATING SYSTEM NOT RECONIZED AND LINKED ME TO THERE PAGE WHERE I WAS TOLD IT WASNT WIN 2000 COMPATABLE CAN ANY OF U SEND ME THE PROPER LINK FOR THE WIN2000 COMPATABLE FILE THAT WORKS PLEEEEEZ CYA!!!
ICQ 79365051

Windows 2000 is shipped with OpenGL, and there is no need to download and install it again, unless you removed it yourself. But you can find it somewhere at Microsoft’s site if you really need to do it.

OK THNX BOB I HAVNT DELETED IT IT JUST ISNT REGISTERING WITH THE GAME :frowning:

You probably need an updated OpenGL hardware driver for your 3D accelerator card. Check www.glsetup.com.
For Win2k every board manufacturer needs to issue new hardware drivers.

IT WOULD REALY HELP ME IF U GUYS CAN PUT UP A DIRECT DOWNLOAD URL FOR THE OPENGL I LOOKED I CANT FIND IT ??? I HAVE A VOODOO3 3OOO AND I NEED A WIN2000 COMPATABLE OPENGL FILE IF U CAN HELP PLEEEEZ DO CYA

Plz, push the button called CAPS LOCK.
(Hint: It’s to the left of your keyboard.)

GLSetup deosn’t work for Win2000 since it’s recogniced as an NT-system. It only works for Win95/98. Have a look at the manufacturers site for drivers. No link because I don’t know where to download these kind of drivers.

ok tnx any way i downloaded a 125meg for nothing :frowning:

Go to www.reactorcritical.com, for latest Win98, & Win2k video card drivers. They are usually zip files, so you will have to install yourself.

For NVidia cards, do a thorough cleanout of files and Registry keys, as per instructions at www.tweak3d.net. There is a tweak article for GeForce 256 (& TNT/TNT2 cards). There is something similar to do for Voodoo, but I don’t have it. Check 3dfx sites.

Tony

The above links dont work!

I have the same probs as the topic starter guy. My game wont run OpenGL, i need the win2k files/drivers but cant find any…

the link did work its just that after the .com hes put a , which makes it a broken link the working one is http://www.reactorcritical.com/ ok cya and keep the help comming pleeeeez

Ok, here is what is frustrating. glsetup.exe SUCKS!! and so does glsetup.com or whatever it is. Why can’t they make it where you can download gl drivers on a per card basis instead of making you download a freaking 75MB file for 2MB of drivers??? This is utterly stupid. All I want are the opengl drivers for 3dfx 3000 for win2k. That is it. I don’t care about the other cards, nor do I wish to download their freaking drivers. Can someone point me a location with which I can download gl drivers JUST for 3dfx?

You really dont have to download new openGL
drivers. Its faster to download latest drivers from your card manufactors cause it is the same thing.
I have got the originaldrivers which was bundled with my card(CL tnt 2ultra).
Quake3 and other openGL games work just great.

thelv one question do u even have win 2k if u dont thats why it works!!!

No! youre right.
It seems that win2k have a lot of problems with open gl.
Are you sure that you ever got open gl to work with Win2k.
I really doubt that! Cause w2k is reckon as NT and NT have always got problem with games
especially open gl.
The following points causes a lot of problem with Open GL

*The dva line in win ini(probably caused by real media or quicktime).

*To many graphiccard drivers you really have to delete in registry and the inf-files to get a clean install of new drivers.

*Win2k the programmers seems dont bother doing drivers that will work.

• The via chipset. You often have to update your agp-drivers to get Open gl to work on a via mobo.(the aperature size is important to)

• The biggest problem is card manufactors telling us they got cards and drivers that work with open GL but they just dont.

La verdad es que probe win2k con varias placas 3d entre ellas Vodoo 3 3000 , Aopen TNT 32MB ,
Savage 4 , Diamond , y ninguna funciona .Es decir el sistema las reconoce bien pero no funciona un Puto juego en win2000 …,.

La verdad es que probe win2k con varias placas 3d entre ellas Vodoo 3 3000 , Aopen TNT 32MB ,
Savage 4 , Diamond , y ninguna funciona .Es decir el sistema las reconoce bien pero no funciona un Puto juego en win2000 …,.

can some one plez translate this into english for me

Howdy!

Well he say that the problem on win2k
depends on various 3d places in the system due to wich card you have(???)
He say the system doesnt really reckon wich card you have and the win2k doesnt have the best functions for playing games.

I say youve better install the millennium instead. cu!

ok tnx thelv and ill think about installing the millenium edition