Downloading (Noob question)

Sorry, but where can I download OpenGl? Thank you.

Running OpenGL programs - OpenGL should be supported by your graphics driver.
Creating OpenGL programs - all you need (at beginning) is shipped with most compilers.

Is Visual Basic such a program?

As far as I know OpenGL is not available for Visual Basic.
Programmers use mostly C, C++, C# and Java languages to create OpenGL programs, but you don’t need any Visual C++ or any program at all to run programs that they create - you only need to install drivers for you graphics card.
Do you have any specific problem running some OpenGL program or do you want to create OpenGL program yourself?

Originally posted by k_szczech:
Running OpenGL programs - OpenGL should be supported by your graphics driver.
Creating OpenGL programs - all you need (at beginning) is shipped with most compilers.

This is a pretty flat answer …
I’m going to build my Linux from scratch. Building (almost) all binaries my self if source is provided. i.e. gcc, glibc, kernel etc…
But for OpenGL I need headers and libs so I can compile and link Programs to it ( libGL.so, gl(x).h, etc …).

And I can’t find them anywhere!

Most likely gcc will refuse to compile any OpenGL app when it doesnt find gl(x).h or a reference to the Linker Flag -lGL and -lGLU.

HELP plz.

This is a pretty flat answer …
…for a pretty flat question.
I believe libraries and headers for OpenGL are usually shipped with the X Window System. For example XFree86 contains libgl and gl.h

Originally posted by k_szczech:
…for a pretty flat question.
I believe libraries and headers for OpenGL are usually shipped with the X Window System. For example XFree86 contains libgl and gl.h

I agree, the question was also more than flat.

But this is the answer I expected :wink:
I’ll check out the X Distros for the GL API.
Thanks.

And when can I download Silicon Graphics OpenGL 2.1?

Originally posted by <TSWAHER>:
And when can I download Silicon Graphics OpenGL 2.1?
:slight_smile: Where I can download Silicon Graphics OpenGL 2.1? :slight_smile: