Help! Call of Duty overrides OpenGL settings

I have a Radeon 9500np that I softmodded to 9700 pro. I had the chessboard effect, but I got rid of them on direct3D application by disabling “Fast Z Clear” using rage3D tweak on D3D tab. However, playing Call of Duty or MOHAA brought back the chessboard effect. I found that these games use OpenGL. However, disabling things on R3D Tweak doesn’t affect the game. It seems that they override the tweak. For example, I set color to 16 bits and in the game, I have 32. Another example is that I force Z to be 16 bit and it still gets 24 in the game.
So, do you have any idea how I can go directly to OpenGL drivers to modify the things to get Fast Z clear disabled?
Thank you!

Originally posted by bungee:
I have a Radeon 9500np that I softmodded to 9700 pro.

You’ve hacked up a video card…

And now it isn’t working right…

And you’re asking us what you should do???

I have a Radeon 9500np that I softmodded to 9700 pro. I had the chessboard effect, but I got rid of them on direct3D application by disabling “Fast Z Clear” using rage3D tweak on D3D tab.

The softmod only works for a few 9500. The chessboard effect means your 9500 doesnt belong to them and will never run like a 9700. Do yourself a favor and undo the mod.

Crippling the features (disabling fast z clears and so on) will only bring your rendering speed down to the 9500 levels anyway.

Rule of thumb: fix the cause of the problem (which would be hacking your board).

Originally posted by Qwerty77:
[b] The softmod only works for a few 9500. The chessboard effect means your 9500 doesnt belong to them and will never run like a 9700. Do yourself a favor and undo the mod.

Crippling the features (disabling fast z clears and so on) will only bring your rendering speed down to the 9500 levels anyway.

Rule of thumb: fix the cause of the problem (which would be hacking your board).[/b]

Well, I’ve done benchmark and disabling fast z clear on a 9700Pro level is far better than no mod on 9500. And it removes all artifacts. It has never been proven that once you get chessboard, there is no way to remove them. Some people assume so.

So, the only question I have is: Is there a way to modify OpenGL so that it doesn’t use Fast Z clear?

Thank you

So, the only question I have is: Is there a way to modify OpenGL so that it doesn’t use Fast Z clear?

I dont care, ask your modding friends.