"Required dll file: glide2x.dll missing" for GLQuake/GLQuakeworld with Intel i810

I have a brand new computer, 533 MHz, 64 MB RAM, etc with the Intel i810 in it… I intalled the latest OpenGL drivers which I got from GLSetup.com… When I try to run GLQuake or GLQuakeworld I get the error: “A required dll file, glide2x.dll, was not found.” and the program stops. I have looked around for help on this missing file, but have found nothing… I have even (doubtedly) tried using my friends glide2x.dll file which he got FROM THE SAME PROGRAM, GLSETUP.EXE, but he has a Voodoo 3. I am now starting to think that I might have not received it properly (or at all) while downloading… any suggestions???

If you know what it is, email me at tjb1@gtemail.net

Thanks!
T-Bone

GLQuake is only running on Voodoo cards, sorry. Glide is an API similar to OpenGL that runs ontop of Voodoo cards only. And since you don’t have a Voodoo card, you don’t have (or at least can’t use) this file. And GLSetup is a program that installs proper drives for your system. Your friend had a Voodoo and therefore he got this file installed, while you don’t have one, and therefore GLSeup didn’t installed it for you.

And as long as you don’t have a Voodoo card, there is no reason for you to have this file, so nothing is wrong. If you actually HAD this file, something would be, if not wrong, but at least strange

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 10-07-2000).]

Originally posted by Bob:
[b]GLQuake is only running on Voodoo cards, sorry. Glide is an API similar to OpenGL that runs ontop of Voodoo cards only. And since you don’t have a Voodoo card, you don’t have (or at least can’t use) this file. And GLSetup is a program that installs proper drives for your system. Your friend had a Voodoo and therefore he got this file installed, while you don’t have one, and therefore GLSeup didn’t installed it for you.

And as long as you don’t have a Voodoo card, there is no reason for you to have this file, so nothing is wrong. If you actually HAD this file, something would be, if not wrong, but at least strange

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 10-07-2000).][/b]

Thanks a lot… although it wasn’t the answer I was hoping to hear… oh well, I was planning to save the dough to get the new Voodoo 5 (not because I think that is what I need, its just what i want… heh) anyway, so, thanks for the info!

T-Bone

What!!?! Not worked with NON 3dfx cards?!

I tried GLQuake on 2 PCs:
Intel Pentium 200MHz MMX, 64MB RAM, Nvida Riva TNT2 M64;
&
Intel Penium 3 667MHz, 128MB RAM, Nvida Riva TNT2 M64;.

Try to delete opengl32.dll in quake root folder.

SergeyM.

I have bought a new Diamond Viper II 32meg AGP x4 card, I can’t get it to run those same drivers, Yet the card fully supports OpenGL, Been there and done that GLsetup and updated drivers from Diamond that say they fixed the bug, and updated the cards bios. Still get the same error.

Now in the past I have run a Monster 3d 4meg card and a later on had a voodoo 2 card running without have any problem glquake.

So now Diamond crank’s out this new card that is like there “cream da la crem”. and it doesn’t run GL.

I’m a Computer Tech. by trade, and we at work can’t even get this to work.

Two things SergeyM, no opengl*.dll in my GLquake root dir, nor any subdirectories, yet it works on my old Voodoo, and second, you sure you didn’t have any Glide-wrapper for OpenGL or DirectX or so?