Intel I82815, Windows XP

First, don’t suggest buying a new card. I have a Compaq Presario 4410US with XP, a 82815 intel integrated graphics card, and Directx 9b. Intel has the problem on not wanting to update their drivers for this card, and GL has the problem of not being XP compliant yet. I know that GLsetup supports my graphic card. Is there anyway to get it to work for my games

How about buying a new computer? :wink:

We don’t call them “Comcraq” around the office for nothing.

When you go to buy a new computer folks, one of your first questions should be “does it have a REAL video card or is the video integrated?”

About 85% of the crap being sold in stores these days has integrated video and Intel in their sorry ass wisdom made a bunch of motherboards with NO AGP SLOT! so your options on upgrading are very limited.

The motherboard has an AGP 4X slot, and the computer is just over a year old. I just don’t have the cash to buy a new card.
The Presario is shipped with the Integrated Direct AGP 3D Graphics with 8 MB Dynamically allocated as video memory, which supports 64-bit hardware-accelerated 3D graphics. The speed of the AGP port in the motherboard is AGP 4X (1.5 volt) implementation for 1GB/sec data transfer rate, sideband addressing, pipelining and AGP texturing support.
I found a cheap card at GeForce4 MX440-SE 64MB-DDR AGP Video Card w/S-Video Out
Does OpenGL Support This card?

[This message has been edited by Donajos3 (edited 09-11-2003).]

Should work fine.

That is a good low-cost card.
http://www.target-sale.com/tusa/items/videoagp/i04031.html