Tribes2 Launcher MFC Application again

You asked for more info. The only info i have is my video card is an nVidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400. My operating system is WinXP. That’s all the info i have. I have plenty of memory and my processor is more than fast enough. I can’t even get the game started. Not even to the beginning menu.
Tribes2 Launcher MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This is the error message that comes up on the unhandled exception. It says the problem lies within the Tribes2.exe. I can’t figure this out; please help.

Do you have a legal, valid copy of Tribes 2?

yes i do have a valid copy. i bought it from best buy. in fact i returned the first game i bought for another copy of the game and it still doesn’t work. It won’t copy all of the files for some reason. i don’t have the file WONDLL.dll and Clientsprefs.cs.

Well, your problem sounds completely unrelated to OpenGl…

Have you considered contacting Tribes 2 support?
http://techsupport.vuinteractive.com/techsupport/sierra/support.asp

yes i’ve called tech support and they couldn’t help they sent me this e-mail that just gave me crap that i’ve already seen. but i’ve narrowed it down to one thing
my friend has the game and he has a file that i don’t have. It’s called ClientsPrefs.cs. i think that has something to do with it.

Originally posted by ash45:
yes i’ve called tech support and they couldn’t help they sent me this e-mail that just gave me crap that i’ve already seen. but i’ve narrowed it down to one thing
my friend has the game and he has a file that i don’t have. It’s called ClientsPrefs.cs. i think that has something to do with it.

No, not really… that’s just a preferences file that gets generated after the game successfully runs. You’ve got some other issue.

hey man thanks for trying to help. i called the company again and i gave them all the info i had and the guy told me to download the latest version of my nVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 from version 1240 to 4430 and i can finally play the game. I’m so happy now. Thanks again for trying.