OpenGL not shown on nvidia display settings

hi am new to this opengl thing and i have a geforceFX 5200. i have the latest driver but i can’t find opengl or d3d. i’ve downloaded many drivers. i need opengl to play online games or i get disconnection. need help plz :frowning:

Uh… wait a second here… you need OpenGL to play online games or you get disconnected?

OpenGL has no effect on your Internet connection. If you are getting disconnected, it is due to either your ISP, wiring, or hardware.

it has somthing do with d3d when playing online games,so i need to switch it to opengl so i can play online games. opengl is the solution to my problem

Originally posted by shadow47:
it has somthing do with d3d when playing online games,so i need to switch it to opengl so i can play online games. opengl is the solution to my problem
HUH? :eek:

its true i checked forums and it says opengl is the solution,i checked 13 different forums and opengl has the abillitie to stop disconnection from online games.my friend tryed it and it works :eek:

its true i checked forums and it says opengl is the solution,i checked 13 different forums and opengl has the abillitie to stop disconnection from online games.my friend tryed it and it works :eek:
Well this is the OpenGL forum and you can tell the other 13 forums to lay off the crack. OpenGL has no effect on Internet connections.

By the way, what games are you referring to?

i got the same problem too, only i want to turn vsync off so i get better FPS in counter strike

here is the link to show that opengl can help mehttp://www.modemhelp.net/vblite/showthread.php3?threadid=327, anyways i can’t find the opengl and D3D tab underneath performance and quality settings, i have the latest driver for nvidia 61.77, i have a geforce FX 5200

That’s pretty weird, but I’m not going to argue against it.

You might want to uninstall the drivers via control panel, and try it again.

Also, what is your desktop resolution and bit depth?

i can’t find the opengl and D3D tab underneath performance and quality settings, i have the latest driver for nvidia 61.77, i have a geforce FX 5200
Thats because Nvidia removed the seperate D3D/OpenGL tabs for some time now. There are only general settings that apply to both OpenGL and D3D.

Concerning your problem, some details would be nice.

-what kind of connection do you have
-who is your ISP
-what game(s)
-what operating system

here is the link to show that opengl can help mehttp://www.modemhelp.net/vblite/showthread.php3?threadid=327, anyways i can’t find the opengl and D3D tab underneath performance and quality settings, i have the latest driver for nvidia 61.77, i have a geforce FX 5200
Here’s what I got from your link (which is 1 forum, by the way, not 13 forums):

1. I have a really old crappy computer with a really old crappy modem.

2. I want to play counterstrike.

3. I can play counterstrike in DirectX.

4. But if I try and connect online, it uses up the 32 megs my old, crappy computer has and I get disconnected.

5. I heard from like this guy in a completely different forum that like OpenGL will fix like every game problem I have (because it uses less system resources).

Oh, and qwerty77 has a few questions…

i have 56k modem,intel pentium 4 cpu 1.80ghz,windows xp home edition,i have emachine pc, 256mb graphics card(geforce FX 5200)i play halo pc,rainbow six 3: raven shield and joint operations.i need help plz :frowning:

Most of the games you mentioned dont use OpenGL, so OpenGL cant be the problem (too nobody’s surprise).

You are using an internal Modem, right?

In short, internal modems are crap.

I guess there is a IRQ sharing conflict between the modem and the GeforceFX. You wont notice that in 2d mode (aka the desktop) when you are doing email or surf the web, but as soon as you enter a 3d mode and use the modem there will be IRQ conflicts causing the disconnect.

Thats of course only as good as a “remote analysis” can be.

I suggest that you disable the internal moden (or even better remove it completly) and test-drive a external one.

how do i disable the modem and get xternal drive

Right!

An external modem is actually a piece of hardware that you need to borrow or buy. Then you connect it to your PC using a serial cable and plug the phone line into it. Usually you dont need a extra drivers for a brand type modem because they are recognized by Windows.

Unfortunatly this is still an OpenGL related board and its quiet a while ago since I used a dialup connection. I guess you’ll get better help in a modem/dialup related forum.

Dude, if you get dissconnected alot, its not OPEN GL or D3D problem, Its that you got a extremely slow connection(56k), and if you wanna play new games, i would recommend either you changed to DSL(about 300kbs to 1.5mbps about 26$ a month for a year and about 50$so on), or Cable(3.0mpbs at about 26$ for 3 months and about 50$ so on) So, its not the render problems, its that internet connection is slow so the repsonse to the server you are connecting to will think that you dissconnected, and will dissconnect you (…). So, you should upgrade you ISP and your games will run without a prob, if you have the right dirvers, settings, vga card, cpu, mobo, mem, irqs, without any conflics, and etc.