FPS problem with openGL and new gforce 4 mx 420

Ive just taken out my old tnt2 pro and used to play halflife in openGL mode fine, with no lag in any maps whatsoever. Ive just put in my new geforce 4 mx 420, and it plays games like c&c renegade MUCH better but when i tried halflife and ran in openGL mode (software is obviously crap for everyone and direct3d i can see through things etc… and it poos up my game) the fps were absolutly crap, even in the simplist of maps (e.g counterstrike small maps) ive downloaded the newest driver, messed about with all the openGL settings in the v card menu and i cant seem to find a way of getting round it, i really need some help, thanks for any replys.

coughbumpcough

Originally posted by jonesdaniel11:
Ive just taken out my old tnt2 pro and used to play halflife in openGL mode fine, with no lag in any maps whatsoever. Ive just put in my new geforce 4 mx 420, and it plays games like c&c renegade MUCH better but when i tried halflife and ran in openGL mode (software is obviously crap for everyone and direct3d i can see through things etc… and it poos up my game) the fps were absolutly crap, even in the simplist of maps (e.g counterstrike small maps) ive downloaded the newest driver, messed about with all the openGL settings in the v card menu and i cant seem to find a way of getting round it, i really need some help, thanks for any replys.

GOTO WWW.NVIDIA.COM and get the latest driver it has better suport for your card now

see if your HL copy is compliant with OpenGL hardware accelerated