geforce only runs in 16 color

DISPLAY: GeForce256 DDR

IN A NUTSHELL: INSTALL DET DRIVERS AT 16 color -> SET COLORS TO 16bit -> REBOOT REQUIRED -> SYSTEM HALT -> RESET COMPUTER -> BACK TO ONLY 16 color 640x480.

EXPLAINED: ok so I get SOFII, install it, run the exe and I get an error which suggests I get the latest drivers for my card.

I have a leadtek geforce256 DDR so I d/l the very lastest det from nvidia.com … they install and run fine but I still the same error message comeing up so I figure I’ll try the manufacturers drivers from leadtek but after installing them and rebooting windows(98) I set the color mode to 16bit and had to reboot. My system halted durring the boot process and after resetting it, windows attempts to load safe mode, which I bypass only to end up back in 16 colors.

Since then I have spend hours and hours setting my display to ‘standard Display Adapter (VGA)’, rebooting, and trying to reload various versions of the det drivers which I previously had running on my system but all now cause a system halt durring the reboot process whenever I try to set above 16 colors.

I have tryed removing every nvidia file and registry entry before installing the dets but can’t get anything to work… I just want my 16bit 1024x768 back

MrFrustrated

Hmmm sounds like a serious hardware related problem.

Do you have a system with a VIA based chipset?

In this case you should d/l and install the latest 4-in-1 drivers from www.via.com