OpenGL under WinXP -- IT WORKS!

No “fixes” worked until I enabled Plug-&-Play in my Bios, then executed the d’loaded driver icon. Without switching P & P to ‘ON’, resource conflicts will force XP back to its native drivers.

Remember, P & P is no longer a “preferred” setting in BIOS. Enable it. that will assign resources so nw XP drivers hold. (It doesn’t hurt to have a Restore Point first. Mine I called PRE-VIDEO TWEAKING.)

UnkaDnld

Hey how do you edit your BIOS? I am having a problem with Medal of Honor giving me an openGL not supported error even though i have the newest drivers.

PIII 1.1 ghz
256 Ram
Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS/ GeForce 2 Pro 64 MB
Windows XP

do you think doing what you did will make it work?

hello i have the same problem whit medal of honer and wolfenstein my computer is a pentium 4 with a asus motherbord 1,6giga 256ddram it just keeps frezzzzing

Those not familiar with bios settings would be better off contacting their PC vendor. Technically, it’s a tricky area, but you need not be a teckie.

If you’r feeling frisky, Hit ‘delete’ at start-up. Tab to BOOT, then turn on Plug-&-Play. This Fix is for those who find resource conflicts are blocking install for their new video drivers. ONLY!

MAKE NO OTHER CHANGES UNLESS YOU KNOW CMOS INSIDE & OUT. db