UNABLE TO FIND OPENGL DRIVER

I am trying to help a friend of mine with a problem installing the game Alice. She has installed all the updates and ect. but after installing the glsetup an error message comes up that it can’t find an opengl driver. She is running windows 98 I am running windows xp and don’t know how to help her.Can anyone help?

OpenGL “drivers” are part of the “normal” diplay drivers for your graphic card.

There is NO such thing as a seperate download.

If you now say “Hey there is a GLSetup…”

To be frank, “GLSetup” is a program that was written for the “total dumb”. People who dont even know what kind of graphic card they have.
All it does is identifying the vendor of your 3D card and then downloading the latest drivers from the vendors webpage (at least it tries).

If you know what kind of 3D card you have (i.e. an Nvidia based card) you can do that all by yourself.

However, alot of problems occur when you are upgrading an old Windows version to a newer one. Its a bad idea, if you want a new OS than do a clean install from scratch everthing else will cause trouble sooner or later.

I’m sorry if that sounds offensive to you but I am getting really sick of duing free support for products others earn tons of cash from.

As a sidenote, I have tried every Windows version so far and NEVER had a problem with OpenGL so what are you guys doing?

As a sidenote, I have tried every Windows version so far and NEVER had a problem with OpenGL so what are you guys doing?

Hahahaha… you know, I’ve been asking myself the same question… how DO they manage to mess up windows so bad?

for those of you who have NEVER had an opengl problem, dont be so arrogant. i’d assume that you arent running winXP with a Voodoo card (i have both a voodoo3 and 5)
neither work with Return to Castle Wolfenstien. Q3 works…but it looks cruddy. As most know, nvidia bought 3dfx and decided to let the company die. (which also means no driver support for previous customers of 3dfx). So if your so brilliant why dont you share with me your wisdom so i could enjoy the games that i bought.

The reason we don’t have opengl problems is we don’t use a video card that became unsupported long before WinXP was ever released.

My wisdom to you: spend $50 on a new Radeon or Geforce2mx, both of which will run circles around your Voodoo3, and also probably run faster than that Voodoo5.

Or, revert to Win98, which has better supported drivers for your hardware.