Intel82810E graphic controller, will this work on MOHAA

I AM RUNNING AN HP7940 WITH: 1.0GHz,512MB,40GB HARD DRIVE,PENTIUM III PROCESSOR.FOR THE GRAPHICS, INTEL 82810E GRAPHICS CONTROLLER.OPERATING SYSTEM WINDOWS ME. I AM HAVEING TROUBLE PLAYING MEDAL OF HONOR. THE GAME STARTS OUT FINE,BUT WHEN I GET TO THE 3RD MISSION THE SCREEN GOES DARK, I CAN HEAR THINGS HAPPENING BUT CANT SEE ANYTHING. DO I NEED TO GET A NEW GRAPHIC CRAD OR WILL WHAT I HAVE WORK WITH SOME TUNING??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

[This message has been edited by john571 (edited 03-14-2002).]

What is an Intel82810E graphic controller? Is this the brand of video card? Does Intel make their own kind of 3D video card? If it’s not a true 3D card this may be the problem but I have no way of knowing for sure. Here’s a response I posted for someone else that was having problems as well maybe it will help. It isnt for the same issue as you’re having trouble with but might provide some solutions. My response is listed below.

Have you tried running it in safe mode with the game? When you restart the game after it crashes it gives you a list of options before running the game again. One of those is to run MOHAA in safe mode. Try this and see if it will help isolate your problem. The other question is what resolution are you currently using to run the game? Are you running any other programs in the background? Do a Control+Alt+Delete to bring up the task manager. The only things that should be listed are Explorer and Systray. Everything else should be shut down. Sometimes the (TSR) terminate and stay resident programs cause more trouble than you could imagine. Antivirus programs can cause some serious problems too. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of OpenGL? I would try this as well if you haven’t already done so. Play with the resolution settings within the game as well as the advanced options. One thing I didnt know was that some video cards cant have the texture depth detail and the texture color depth or something like that both set to 32 bit. You have to set one or the other to 32 and leave the other at 16. It also doesnt support extremely high resolutions like 1600x1200 if you’re using that setting. There’s a lot of helpful information in the README.TXT file on your hard drive if need help. If you haven’t read it then I would take a few minutes and look it over. You should also list all the hardware you’re currently using in your system when you post your messages to a forum it will make it easier to troubleshoot the problem. Typical items are:

Brand of motherboard (not always necessary)
Processor (AMD, Intel, Cyrix, etc.)
Brand of video card and amount of memory
Brand of sound card
Speed of CD-Rom drive
Brand and size of hard drive (space left as well. If there’s not enough room then it wont work properly)
Amount of memory
Brand and type of operating system

I hope this was helpful. Good luck to ya.

i810 is an integrated video chipset, I highly doubt it supports hardware opengl acceleration.

I’m not sure what that motherboard supports for graphics upgrades, I’d see if you could upgrade to a Geforce2MX or RadeonLE, they can be found for about $50.