Call of Duty - configure.csv not found

COD 1.0 build win-x86 Oct 5 2003
----- FS_Startup -----
Current language: english
Current search path:
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\pak6.pk3 (3 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\pak5.pk3 (4858 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\pak3.pk3 (1992 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\pak2.pk3 (694 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\pak1.pk3 (2642 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1/main
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\localized_english_pak1.pk3 (3736 files)
localized assets pak file for english
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\localized_english_pak0.pk3 (1204 files)

File Handles:

15129 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn’t exec language.cfg
couldn’t exec config.cfg
couldn’t exec autoexec.cfg
========= autoconfigure
----- CL_Shutdown -----

Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
configure.csv not found.

I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help pls? Thx.

I have the same problem.

COD 1.0 build win-x86 Oct 5 2003
----- FS_Startup -----
Current language: english
Current search path:
c:\Program Files\GAMES\Call of Duty\main\pak6.pk3 (3 files)
c:\Program Files\GAMES\Call of Duty\main\pak4.pk3 (1668 files)
c:\Program Files\GAMES\Call of Duty\main\pak3.pk3 (1992 files)
c:\Program Files\GAMES\Call of Duty\main\pak2.pk3 (694 files)
c:\Program Files\GAMES\Call of Duty\main\pak1.pk3 (2642 files)
c:\Program Files\GAMES\Call of Duty/main
c:\Program Files\GAMES\Call of Duty\main\localized_english_pak1.pk3 (3736 files)
c:\Program Files\GAMES\Call of Duty\main\localized_english_pak0.pk3 (1204 files)

File Handles:

11939 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn’t exec language.cfg
couldn’t exec config.cfg
couldn’t exec autoexec.cfg
========= autoconfigure
----- CL_Shutdown -----

Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
configure.csv not found.

I noticed that pak0.pk3 and pak5.pk3 are corrupted in somekind of way, they are both over 20MB yet they are empty. I guess this is our problem. It 's probably pak0.pk3 cause it 's not loaded on my pc nor on yours.

Yes, they are defenitely the problem. On the disc they are complete, but I can’t copy them nor unzip the pak0.pk3 and pak5.pk3, they are both corrupt. This is most defenitely the problem cause the configurate.csv is in pak0.pk3. I suggest you redownload disc1, all the other files seem to be right.

Hi,

ive fixed the issue with the following Steps: Create a new image of CD1 (i think that you also have bad sectors by pak5.pk3. Open the image with isobuster or something else. Extract both damaged files to an temp folder on HDD. Open the files with WinRAR and choose the Verify function. WinRAR will create a new package (rebuild.pak5.pk3 and rebuild.pak0.pk3). Thats it… we will get no more CRC Errors.
If you get the same error message extract configure.csv from pak0.pk3 an copy it into the Main Folder in your Install Path.

sorry…thats maybe important

If you need a fixed cd…copy the whole content to an folder named cod1 an replace the fixed files with the bad files. Burn it to an CD named “COD1”

im not sure you want to play around with burning the cd…it has safedisk on it and there are 2 cds not 1 just go caustious, have u tried just reinstalling of just coping and past ?? my game worked no probs the demos for the game i had to run in safe mode though.

Ups, i`ve used a No-CD Crack´in the scenario above. It was impossible to create a workable 1:1 Copy cause of two files with bad Sectors.
I know that my solution is tricky, but i think that there is no much better solution.

Originally posted by thatsme:
[b]Ups, i`ve used a No-CD Crack´in the scenario above. It was impossible to create a workable 1:1 Copy cause of two files with bad Sectors.
I know that my solution is tricky, but i think that there is no much better solution.

[/b]

you forgot to mention illegal

I made something like the suggestion of thatsme…
I rip an ISO image of the disk 1, then i load into Alcohol 120% Virtual drive and from there i simply copy the pak0.pk3 to the Call of Duty\Main directory and now the game works fine…
Hosbaldo from the http://ffa-online.com.ar

Who gives a ****!! about illegal or not

Originally posted by Cyrus:
Who gives a ****!! about illegal or not

We do and thanks for leaving your IP address with us.

well, you’ll probably interested to know that it’s not illegal to have a crack for a game if you own the original

Originally posted by mr smart guy:
well, you’ll probably interested to know that it’s not illegal to have a crack for a game if you own the original

That depends in which country you live in.

This is how I solved the problem

I Checked all the installed “*.pk3” packages and noticed two things:

First, the “pak4.pk3” was corrupted on my installation path (It wouldn’t open with winzip like the rest; it gave me a CRC error).
Second, the “localized_english_pak1.pk3” had only around 50MB of contents instead of the correct size on CD.

My quick solution:

After installation I replaced the installed “pak4.pk3” with the one on my CD2 (this one could be opened with winzip without problem).
Afterwards, I tried to copy “localized_english_pak1.pk3” from CD1 (the original on CD contains the file Default.cfg), but my old DVD-rom (from late 1998) had problems copying this particular file from the CD. So, I tried to copy the file from my second bay unit (Dual DVD recorder) and the copy was a success (It take like 6 minutes to copy, very strange).

Now the game runs perfectly.

P.S. - I think the problem was a combination of a not so perfect optical drive and though to be read files “*.pk3”.

Originally posted by ElMatadorPR:
[b]This is how I solved the problem

I Checked all the installed “*.pk3” packages and noticed two things:

First, the “pak4.pk3” was corrupted on my installation path (It wouldn’t open with winzip like the rest; it gave me a CRC error).
Second, the “localized_english_pak1.pk3” had only around 50MB of contents instead of the correct size on CD.

My quick solution:

After installation I replaced the installed “pak4.pk3” with the one on my CD2 (this one could be opened with winzip without problem).
Afterwards, I tried to copy “localized_english_pak1.pk3” from CD1 (the original on CD contains the file Default.cfg), but my old DVD-rom (from late 1998) had problems copying this particular file from the CD. So, I tried to copy the file from my second bay unit (Dual DVD recorder) and the copy was a success (It take like 6 minutes to copy, very strange).

Now the game runs perfectly.

P.S. - I think the problem was a combination of a not so perfect optical drive and though to be read files “*.pk3”.[/b]

I had the same problem and its almost fixed but i still got some corrupt files:

pak5.pk3: aitype\ally_russianarmy_recruit_mosin.gsc.
pak0.pk3: last file in root (xmodel something) and xmodelsurfs folder

could anyone send them to zejohnjohn@hotmail.com plzzz im dying to try it.

Originally posted by vazelinecricket:
[b] I had the same problem and its almost fixed but i still got some corrupt files:

pak5.pk3: aitype\ally_russianarmy_recruit_mosin.gsc.
pak0.pk3: last file in root (xmodel something) and xmodelsurfs folder

could anyone send them to zejohnjohn@hotmail.com plzzz im dying to try it.[/b]

Corrupt installation files?

Geesh, just take your valid legal copy of CoD back to where you bought it and get another one! (wink wink)

HAHAHA
I just cleaned the CD and it werked try that you never no!

I can try emailing you those two files, vazeline. If you could email me the localized_english_pak0.pk3 file in return that would be awesome.

Originally posted by jublin:
I can try emailing you those two files, vazeline. If you could email me the localized_english_pak0.pk3 file in return that would be awesome.

Files that are 167 megabytes in size? Where can I sign up to use your POP email server?

HAHA, That’s funny.

I’ve had the same problem and I’m trying to fix it now with Alcohol 120%. The problem is he found some reading errors in my Main DVD-Drive and I just hope it will work with my CD-writer. What do I’ve to do if this doesn’t work?

Mats

P.S. On another PC in my very own wireless network I’ve installed CoD also, and that was 1 month ago. Is it possible to copy the files from there?