OpenGL trouble! ;(

When I run OpenGL programes they freeze directly! It only happens when I install Nvidia forceware above 81.98, doesn’t matter which forceware above it!

I’ve done some research and have come to conclusion that my 7800 GT can’t run OpenGL threading, or something like that. There should be a button to switch off the OpenGL threading in Nvidia CP, but it doesn’t for me! (Windows XP SP2) I’ve runned the Driver cleaner and installed the drivers in the right way!

Some other Nvidia owners have the exact same problem, but I can’t find a solution.

How do I shut down OpenGL threading manually or what programe do I need to do this?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Where did you get that thing about threading?

So you basically say that you can’t run any OpenGL applications? What about DirectX? Does your computer freeze or only the program becomes not responsible?

I can think of two things so far: either is your system really bad misconfigured (is reinstalling windows a problem for you btw. did you install your drivers on a clear windows installation), or this is a hardware problem.

Maybe he has a dual core.

Originally posted by Zengar:
[b] Where did you get that thing about threading?

So you basically say that you can’t run any OpenGL applications? What about DirectX? Does your computer freeze or only the program becomes not responsible?

I can think of two things so far: either is your system really bad misconfigured (is reinstalling windows a problem for you btw. did you install your drivers on a clear windows installation), or this is a hardware problem. [/b]
Yes all that runs on OpenGL freezes (that’s why I ask you guys :slight_smile: ), everything else works perfectly! including Directx programs!

I have AMD 64 3000+ and a single gainward 7800 GT graphics card, SLI ready.

This only happens with Nvidia forceware higher than 81.98! I install the 81.98 drivers back and openGL works fine! I’ve found a guy who has the exact same problem as I, freezes with OpenGL programes. He turned of an option in Nvidia CP, “openGL threading” and the problem fixed for him! But I don’t have that option in my Nvidia CP for some reason. :confused:

please help me. can you turn it of manual? programe?

I either don’t have such an option in my drivers huh

Nor have I heard something about it… Did you try posting on nvidia support forums?

“I have AMD 64 3000+ and a single gainward 7800 GT graphics card, SLI ready.”

By the way, is that an AMD X2 or FX? And what do you think of that Gainward? I’m leaning towards a BFG. What about your mobo?

Sorry, I don’t have much to add to what’s been suggested.

Cheers

Originally posted by Zengar:
[b] I either don’t have such an option in my drivers huh

Nor have I heard something about it… Did you try posting on nvidia support forums? [/b]
I’ll do that! Thanks! :slight_smile:

Originally posted by <lcdsRule>:
[b] “I have AMD 64 3000+ and a single gainward 7800 GT graphics card, SLI ready.”

By the way, is that an AMD X2 or FX? And what do you think of that Gainward? I’m leaning towards a BFG. What about your mobo?

Sorry, I don’t have much to add to what’s been suggested.

Cheers [/b]
A single AMD processor…

A BFG? mobo? what is that?

Sorry for the delay.

BFG is just a manufacturer, like, and unlike, Gainward.

Mobo is short for motherboard.

I was asking what you thought of your Gainward graphics card, and what kind of motherboard you have.

Cheers

No worry.

I have a Gainward Powerpack! I get 5-10 % better performance than any other 7800 GT. I like it.

I have a nForce4 chipset: http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=652

I don’t know if it’s OpenGL that screws up, because it doesn’t matter to which nforce driver I update to, 84.24 or 91.31, it does the same thing - Freezes on OpenGL programs. I have currently 81.98 that works perfectly! (only one)

I really appreciate your help. I always run DC pro and CCleaner before I install a new driver.