problems with 3dfx and opengl

hello. I´m from spain, so sorry about the language. I´ve problems ´cause I can´t play “Never winther nights”. In “readme.txt” shows that shoftware won´t run with 3dfx cards (my card is voodoo3) because these cards have not opengl requeriments. ¿What is really opengl?¿Can I download opengl from internet? I ever know opengl is a driver!!!
please help me! thanks

In “readme.txt” shows that shoftware won´t run with 3dfx cards (my card is voodoo3) because these cards have not opengl requeriments.

The game developer is telling you that the game will not run on your card. 3dfx has been out of business for several years now, so they have not kept up with the technology as OpenGL has grown and evolved. There is no “magic” way to make your video card be able to run this game, sorry.

and what happens if I download and actualice “glsetup” on my computer? the game will run or i´ll crush my computer?

glSetup is a tool that downloads drivers for your detected graphics device. It most likely will fail to install the drivers, but you may give it a try if you like. I’m suspecting you’ll just waste time, and end up with the same problems.

Just try to found the 3dminigl.dll (in Quake2 for exaple or Counter Strike) and plase it in dir with your game after thet rename it (the dll) to opengl32.dll.
Or try to install WickedGL (use search in Google) or filesearch.com.

^^^^ That wont work because NeverWinterNights REQUIRES an full OpenGL 1.2 compliant ICD.

Sorry, but the game will NOT work with a Voodoo card no matter what software you install.

No software can compensate the lack of hardware features in a reasonable way (i.e. textures bigger than 256x256, …)

Hope that helps.