opengl problems with call of duty demo :)

ja, k

i’ve downloaded the nice demo ,… call of duty from telenet.games.be and wtf , i installed … i runned … and crap

this is what the boxie says :

(the complete opengl subsystem stuff)

Initializing OpenGL subsystem
…initializing QGL
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\opengl32.dll’ ): succeeded
…setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
…using colorsbits of 32
…calling CDS: ok
…registered window class
…created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
…getting DC: succeeded
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
…33 PFDs found
…hardware acceleration found
…PIXELFORMAT 5 selected
…creating GL context: succeeded
…making context current: succeeded
Initializing OpenGL extensions

GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
GL_RENDERER: RIVA TNT2/PCI/SSE2
GL_VERSION: 1.2.1
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_weighting GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control GL_Autodesk_valid_back_buffer_hint
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
…wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
…deleting GL context: success
…releasing DC: success
…destroying window
…resetting display
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL

Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
GL_ARB_texture_compression not found

the last stuff is important

GL_ARB_texture_compression not found

that stuff

i tried to find an upgrade for my drivers…

Nvidia Riva TNT2 68MB RAM :’( jup, i’m one of those poor gamers without a descent graphic card… (dad won’t buy new pc or card so heck…) where is a new driver available ? not on the nvidia site i looked, and tnt isn’t in it anymore (i think…) just wanted to make sure… does anyone know where to get THE ABSOLUTE LATEST (and official (dheu) ) driver for ma sucky TNT2 ?

i thank you all…

mors_crudelis

hm, yeah i had that problem too, i still can’t play it…

it would be quite useful if anyone knows what to do about that stupid thing…

From the readme.txt that came with the demo…

1. Minimum System Requirements:
    -3D Hardware Accelerator Card required – 100% DirectX® 9.0a compatible 32MB Hardware T&L-capable video card and drivers*
    -Pentium® III 700 or Athlon™ processor or higher
    -English version of Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP
    -128MB of RAM
    -8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and drivers
    -181MB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 200MB for Windows swap file)
    -100% DirectX® 9.0a compatible 16 bit sound card and drivers
    -100% Windows® 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and drivers
    -DirectX® 9.0a (not included)

The game requires a T&L capable 3d card, unfortunatly your TNT2 doesnt support this in hardware and a newer driver wont change that.

So you are outta luck, I am afraid.

I use a GeForce Ti4400 and I get the same problem, so clearly the gfx card is not the problem.

You think YOU have a bad grappics card, I’m on an ORIGINAL Riva Tnt 1.

Hi can any one help what is going on with opengl in winxp all my games that required opengl in win98 worked fine now iam on winxp not one of them works.all i get is can not opengl.call of duty is due out in november a big money making game do they know that no one can play they game on winxp is there any one out there who can sort this shambles out thanks jeff

Originally posted by ned:
Hi can any one help what is going on with opengl in winxp all my games that required opengl in win98 worked fine now iam on winxp not one of them works.all i get is can not opengl.call of duty is due out in november a big money making game do they know that no one can play they game on winxp is there any one out there who can sort this shambles out thanks jeff

1.) Hijacking a topic is rude.
2.) The drivers that come with XP dont support OpenGL, you have to d/l XP drivers with OpenGL support from the website of the manufacturer of your 3d card/chip.

Are you are having problems starting the “Call of Duty” demo due to an OpenGL error? If so scan the system files for an altered file. It worked for me.

BravoZulu

I have a nvidia tnt2 (32mb)and i have the same problem.
The diference is that i have the freakingame and now after reading this posts i see that ill have to buy a new card driver (128mb), but that´s a litlle expensive in my country (Portugal).
No drivers , no solutions , no gaming…nvidia sucks!!!

Originally posted by BravoZulu:
[b]Are you are having problems starting the “Call of Duty” demo due to an OpenGL error? If so scan the system files for an altered file. It worked for me.

BravoZulu[/b]

What does “scan the system files” mean, exactly? thanks.
–notAtechie

hi, i have the same OpenGl problem (i use a Nvidia Geforce2 MX/MX 400 from ELSA and have the newest drivers "detonator 45.23 for XP).

has anybody solved the problem yet?

Thanx, TT

To notatechi,Scan system files can be found in acessories.scroll down to system information.Then select tools.There you will find what your’e looking for.I have opengl problem on a ATI rage 128,but hav ran Call of Duty flawlessly on a ATI Radeon 9000 pro.

eu tenho o mesmo problema, mas tem que existir uma solução.
Já tive um problema semelhante com o MOHAA e consegui resolver.
Continuo à procura!
Saudações!

the problem can be solved, i’ve done it before, all you need is the patch for your graphics card. i have a geforce 2 MX400. problem is i forgot the site and since i rebooted my computer i need the patch again.