Hardware upgrade...Performance Downgrade!!

Having trouble with MOHAA since upgrade; here’s my tale of woe…

I bought MOHAA when it first came out and was running it on a P3/450 Dell Dimension with Voodoo3 video card. It ran OK, but settings WAY down and still some choppiness. Last June, I upgraded processor to P3/850 and vidcard to Geforce3 Ti200 64MB AGP. Ran smooth as can be with high detail settings. Well, I couldn’t leave well enough alone and, last week, bought and installed a GeForce4 Ti4200 8X AGP 128MB card; that is when the trouble started. EVERYthing else runs great EXCEPT MOHAA…even RTCW, which is also Quake3 engine and OpenGL. In RTCW, I can run at 1600X1200, with all detail “ON” and it runs smooth as silk. In MOHAA now, I have major stutters; primarily when the AI is busy with controlling enemy soldiers…result is, for example…take aim and press left mouse button to fire. There is often a significant delay between the time the button is pressed and the image and sound of the actual shot being generated. In a big firefight, like the opening fight at Arzew, it is almost unplayable. If no action is occurring, and I’m just “walking around” it looks and runs fine, with resolution and detail cranked way up. I’ve d/l and installed every Nvidia driver I can find, including the 43.45 just released. No joy. Not sure if this is related, but have not been able to install 30.82 or 29.42; I get an error message stating, “Setup unable to locate a detected device’s PCI ID in NVAML.INF. The installation will be terminated.”. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling MOHAA with no effect. Have d/l the v1.1 patch (not yet installed) although there doesn’t seem to be anything in it that addresses my specific problem. Guess it would not hurt to try, though. It would seem that there is some kind of “issue” between the card/driver and MOHAA, specifically. Any assistance you could supply would be greatly appreciated. My system specs are as follows:
Dimension XPS-T 850
BIOS version A11
Windows 98 Second Edition
Maxtor 20 GB 7200 RPM HDD
512MB RAM
Lite-On LTD-166S 16X DVD
Lite-On LTR-52246 52X24X52X CD-RW
PNY GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB 8X AGP
Nvidia Detonator 43.45 Driver
DirectX 8.1
Turtle Beach Montego II Sound Card
Altec Lansing ACS-495 Dolby Surround Speakers
3COM V.90 WinModem
19" P990 Dell Trinitron Monitor
HP Deskjet 882C Color Inkjet Printer
Acerscan 620PT Scanner
Stratitec 4 Port USB Hub
MS Sidewinder Precision Pro USB Joystick

u tried to reinstall the game ?

Originally posted by bboyspy:
u tried to reinstall the game ?

Only about six times! No luck. Thanks.

don’t know dude…
my comp is also ****ing since i got directx 9.0a, it ****ed up all my ****. can’t play games on hardware sucks ass

Have u tried another os like xp

i am having sound delays with rtcw-et ever since i put a new driver on that dident work i have installed the right drivers since and it dosent work still can anny one help me i think it might be conflict between the d-x 9.0a and my sound card im not shour but i need help plzz

i am having sound delays with rtcw-et ever since i put a new driver on that dident work i have installed the right drivers since and it dosent work still can anny one help me i think it might be conflict between the d-x 9.0a and my sound card im not shour but i need help plzz my sound card is a vibra 128!~