Only 1/3 the screen comes up on Open GL in Counter Strike

Ok this is really making me mad… I put it on 640x480 in Open GL and it fits the screen nicely when I go play but any higher resolution and it only fills up a 1/3 of my screen and I can see my wallpaper from windows so what the heck am I suppose to do to make it so I can use any resolution with Open GL and by the way i have a Radeon 8500 DV which shouldnt have any problems so please someone help thank you…

What motherboard & chip do u have?

I have some ABIT motherboard that supports up to 2.0 GHZ but I have a AMD XP ATHLON 1600 so I dunno what to do id really like my counter strike to run nice im sick of running it in software mode I want open GL to work ugh!!!

Have you checked to make sure your refresh rates are the highest? Right mouse click on desktop> propterties> settings> advanced> monitor> put it on the highest refresh rate. GL

Are you using an LCD or a CRT monitor?

Originally posted by Thrasherx2k1:
Ok this is really making me mad… I put it on 640x480 in Open GL and it fits the screen nicely when I go play but any higher resolution and it only fills up a 1/3 of my screen and I can see my wallpaper from windows so what the heck am I suppose to do to make it so I can use any resolution with Open GL and by the way i have a Radeon 8500 DV which shouldnt have any problems so please someone help thank you…

My refresh rate is the highest and yes its still acting up!!!

im using a 19 compaq MV940 really nice monitor but that shouldnt have to do with this its all Open GL’s fault!