****ing opengl... read this... and answer...

dear opengl dear nvidea dear microsoft… this is now 2 ****ing weeks i have several games but i cant play them on my 1500 dollar computer whit my fancy nvdia gforce 3dcard… who is so fancy and so good that i even cant play a stupid game because a stopid opengl, wicht i even dont know what that is wont ****ing launche… why… the **** i know… i have surfed on several site and find al this people who have the same problem… but is there any ****er out there who can tell me what the answer is… or is it just so hard to make some hardware that also works, **** it why didnt i just bought the stuped playstation…

if you are also thinking this just reply… so we can finaly play… **** you nvida **** you micorsoft…
rik from belgium…

I have the same problem and have found that many other people do too. I have not found a fix and would also like to know what the deal is. I have a geforce2 mx 400 and opengl does not work on the only things i have tried, which are nascar racing 4 and return to castle wolfenstein (cant play that at all without openGL). Here is an example of what happens…
---- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
…initializing QGL
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINDOWS\System32\opengl32.dll’ ): succeeded
…setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
…using desktop display depth of 32
…calling CDS: ok
…registered window class
…created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
…getting DC: succeeded
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
…restoring display settings
…WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
…using colorsbits of 16
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
…assuming ‘3dfxvgl’ is a standalone driver
…initializing QGL
…WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
…shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

If you find the answer please reply.

but is there any ****er out there who can tell me what the answer is…

Sure it is, if you just tell us what the problem is. All you said was that you have problem with your computer. Do you expect us to give you an answer without any description of the problem at all?

What I can say now is that there’s nothing wrong with the GeFroce (or if it really is, then go change it, cause it’s broken). Either you have incompatible hardware (not OpenGL’s fault), or you don’t have proper driver for it (your fault, not OpenGL’s).

If you have an Athlon based motherboard, make sure you installed the latest GART drivers.

Signed,
Some ****er.

Rik, eventhough your frustration is understandable you must know that this is an public forum.

Because kids can read your swearings and rantings you will understand that you are not very welcome.

Besides the people on this forum dont earn money for solving your problems. OpenGL is NOT a company.

People help people because they like to do so, simple as that.

Rantings like yours are usally ignored, because people wont spend their sparetime for individuals like you.

If you have to vent some steam, do it at the proper place.

Have a nice day!

---- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
…initializing QGL
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINDOWS\System32\opengl32.dll’ ): succeeded
…using desktop display depth of 32
…registered window class
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…using colorsbits of 16
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
…assuming ‘3dfxvgl’ is a standalone driver
…initializing QGL
…WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
…shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

I have a Trident 3d card on windows 2000 and this stupid message like the one above keeps on coming up. Urrr why is this opengl crap have to be so difficult.

first off, LEARN HOW TO TYPE! I don’t care if you’re from Belgium or from China, when typing, please spell everything right, or atleast use correct grammar !

Bah your problem pertains only to WinXP… I haven’t been able to play ANY OpenGL game for months, ever since I purchased a queer GeForce2 GTS card… After just a minute of play I get a machine lockup (computer freezes and sound loops), and to top it off the store I purchased it from went bankrupt…

The card runs perfectly well in Direct3D games but will NOT run a single OpenGL game on ANY OS (95,98,XP). I’ve tried flashing the card’s bios, tweaking my mobo bios, d/ling installing various detonators ranging from 6.XX right to 23.XX to no avail, perhaps there’s something that has eluded me or something that I’m just doing wrong…

My specs:

AMD T-Bird 1.2Ghz
ASUS A7V-E (VIA (queer) KT 133 chipset)
512MB SDRAM
Chaintech GeForce2 GTS (Det 23.11)
SB! Live Value
SMC Network Card
WinXP Pro (Using VIA AGP 4.10 and VIA 4in1 4.36)

I would greatly apprectiate ANY help as I cannot play any game that uses OpenGL as the API.

Thanks in advance,

LedZeppelin

[This message has been edited by LedZeppelin (edited 12-13-2001).]

C’mon somebody must know of this problem… Anyway Rik you might want to go to www.nvidia.com and download the Detonator 23.11 drivers for WinXP. This may just solve your OpenGL problems…

LedZeppelin

[This message has been edited by LedZeppelin (edited 12-13-2001).]

Well I will say this,
A)I have a Geforce 3 TI 500
B)I use Windows 2000
C)As long as you keep your drivers updated with the MOST CURRENT version from your manufacturer or from nvidia’s site you should be fine
D)I have never once had a problem with OpenGL or with my Geforce card

now i suggest that b4 you go out and waste $1500 on a computer system that you don’t know how to use to its fullest extent and NOT SCREW UP than you should go take at least an introductory computer course on “The Foundations of Computer Use” or buy a book on using computers

If your too lazy to do that just get a mac, cause only a 2 year old can’t figure them out

Only a 2 year old can’t figure out any computer

To all who have problems with Q3A, Return to Castle Wolfenstein etc…

I personly dont have any problems with OpenGL so I cant be of any help here.

Why dont you contact ID-Software directly(www.idsoftware.com) and ask them how to get there games running? I mean you bought the game so they must help you to get it running.

Just a thought…

(And if you dont bought it, sorry toooooo bad…)

You know bobby?
That is completely true…
if only some people would get a brain and realize computers are extremely easy to use…
and also people need to learn that its not the computer’s fault its the person who is using it as it only does what the user tells it to

Hi!
First of all make sure OPENGL will work with your configs. Ask friends,forums ,retaillers with the same OS,mobo,graphiccard,drivers, processor if it should work.

Here is a lots of solutions try once in a time to see if it will work for you.

Click Start / Run.
Type “win.ini” (without quotes) and press OK.
Search for a line that says “DVA=0” (without quotes).
Add a semicolon ( before the DVA (The line should now look like this: “;DVA=0” (without quotes))
Save and close the file
If you find this causes more problems, just take out the semicolon.
Note that not everyone has this line, and if there is none you’ll have to try another solution.

Try switching to AGP1X using your BIOS setup or AGP Wizard (more information here). This may help, but will reduce performance slightly.

Check your AGP aperture size in your BIOS Setup. Start at half of what your total system memory is and save it.

If you have a Via chipset on your mobo try to update your Via drivers (dont ever install the turbomode).

If you install the new openGL drivers remember to force the install when you been prompted(to get rid of your old drivers)

If you want a total uninstall of creatives card do as follow.(working on other card also if you now the file endings.

• Run any uninstall from Add/Remove Programs for the drivers. These frequently are
    not totally thorough but should be done anyway.

After you reboot, delete these files
In C:\Windows\System: nv*., bc., bls., 3dbg.*
(the latter 3 only apply to Creative drivers)

In C:\Wwindows\Inf: drvdata.bin, drvidx.bin, 3dbg*.inf, nv*.inf

In C:\Inf\Other: 3dbg*.inf, nv*.inf

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech\Blaster Control 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls
Folder\Device\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\Blaster Control 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls
Folder\Device\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\NVTweak
(look under Controls Folder\Display as well as Device keys here for
Blaster Control or NVTweak keys)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

• look for bcdetect or NVInitialize entries on the right side and
    delete them but not the whole Run key. Also, check the RunOnce
    key for the same entries.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OpenGLdrivers

• delete the RIVATNT entry on the right side

After you have done this do a reinstall of windows(not format).

Then install the original drivers to your garaphiccard(not detonators)

That’s it
Please give me a wink if it worked for you.

I wouldn’t try the Detonator 23.11 drivers. I tried them under Windows XP Professional, and had constant blue screens with the problem being in nv4_disp.dll. The error was that the driver had gone into an infinite loop. I rolled back to the Detonator 21.83 drivers which have been certified by microsoft. You can find the 21.83 drivers in the driver archives on NVidia’s web site. By the way - I have a GeForce2 MX/MX400 card

Originally posted by LedZeppelin:
[b]C’mon somebody must know of this problem… Anyway Rik you might want to go to www.nvidia.com and download the Detonator 23.11 drivers for WinXP. This may just solve your OpenGL problems…

LedZeppelin

[This message has been edited by LedZeppelin (edited 12-13-2001).][/b]

[This message has been edited by dslater (edited 12-18-2001).]

I have Windows 2000, and an ATI Rage Mobility-M PCI card. Open gl will not work for me…is there anyone who can help?
Thanks in advance.

Yeah go buy a Geforce based card as ATI isn’t very good for gaming

Originally posted by LedZeppelin:
[b]Bah your problem pertains only to WinXP… I haven’t been able to play ANY OpenGL game for months, ever since I purchased a queer GeForce2 GTS card… After just a minute of play I get a machine lockup (computer freezes and sound loops), and to top it off the store I purchased it from went bankrupt…

The card runs perfectly well in Direct3D games but will NOT run a single OpenGL game on ANY OS (95,98,XP). I’ve tried flashing the card’s bios, tweaking my mobo bios, d/ling installing various detonators ranging from 6.XX right to 23.XX to no avail, perhaps there’s something that has eluded me or something that I’m just doing wrong…

My specs:

AMD T-Bird 1.2Ghz
ASUS A7V-E (VIA (queer) KT 133 chipset)
512MB SDRAM
Chaintech GeForce2 GTS (Det 23.11)
SB! Live Value
SMC Network Card
WinXP Pro (Using VIA AGP 4.10 and VIA 4in1 4.36)

I would greatly apprectiate ANY help as I cannot play any game that uses OpenGL as the API.

Thanks in advance,

LedZeppelin

[This message has been edited by LedZeppelin (edited 12-13-2001).][/b]

I’ve got the same EXACT problem!

My system specs are:
Pentium 3 833 Mhz
Win 98se
Tyan Trinity 400 S1854
Soundblaster Live! X-gamer
3D Prophet GeForce 2 GTS Pro
512 MB RAM
Linksys Ethernet LAN card

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

To thedeamon666
http://gamershq.madonion.com/

note the hall of fame and see whats at the top. I run an ati radeon have 0 problems with any game and get way more frame rates than I need for any game.