RUNDLL WHAT THA F**K!!!!!

i just removed my old voodoo banshee and drivers to install a TNT2.now everytime i turn my pc on i get this:
RUNDLL
error loading 3dfxv13ps.dll
the system cannot find the file specification

HUH!!!

Sorry…it sounds like you need to format and reinstall everything! That is the easiest way of correcting the situation you are in!

Originally posted by MarthaFocker:
Sorry…it sounds like you need to format and reinstall everything! That is the easiest way of correcting the situation you are in!

you mean everything as the whole hard drive or just what i’ve loaded on recently?

Just change to a working driver like standard VGA 640x480 with 255 colors or something like that. After that do you install your new card.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the Voodoo Banshee is 3Dfx chipset ? and the TNT2 is not right ? ,(I know that nvidia’s drivers do not include the dll you mention so it’s not needed by your graphics set up anymore !!),If so, there are still some remenants of your voodoo cards install in your system. Try a registry cleaning application like Norton Utilities, (should be able to pick up a trial download from www.zdnet.com or www.download.com)..) If it raises anything 3dfx/voodoo related delete them. If that doesn’t fix it then the reference is either in the System.ini or Win.ini file. Delete as necessary. Goto www.3dchipset.com or www.nvidia.com and download the latest nvidia drivers (Detonator3 v6.50 official), it’s a zip file and if you look at the dll files included they should be the only ones you need for your card. I would also suggest running regedit and searching for and deleting any references to voodoo products, but Norton Utilities should do this for you it’s safer. !! MESSING WITH REGEDIT CAN KILL YOUR SYSTEM !! Quite often windows will leave things lying around in your system which can cause problems.

Good Luck !!