Problems running nvidia riva tnt2 on win2k

everytime i try to run a prog that uses opengl windows says that a “unknown software exception” (0xc0000096) occured at 0x695c56f0 (always the same place). i know about the prob with win2k and opengl. i’ve got the latest drivers from nvidia and installed/deinstalled them in every imaginable order. the effect remains the same. anybody knows what to do about this? many thanks in advance!

hi, i have the exact same problem. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm never heard or seen anything like that.

This is probably a hardware (AGP) related problem. Does it only happen in OpenGL based applications or in DirtyX based applications as well?

What happen if you enable an OpenGL based screensaver?

Does your motherboard uses a VIA KT133 chipset? Those are known to be buggy as hell.

Originally posted by 1234!:
[b]Hmmm never heard or seen anything like that.

This is probably a hardware (AGP) related problem. Does it only happen in OpenGL based applications or in DirtyX based applications as well?

What happen if you enable an OpenGL based screensaver?

Does your motherboard uses a VIA KT133 chipset? Those are known to be buggy as hell.[/b]

Hi,
i have no VIA chipset.
OpenGL based screensaver’s brings up the same errormessage.

I found something on Microsoft’s site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp…&NoWebContent=1

but this bug was only known in Windows NT
(“To correct this problem, install the latest U.S. Service Pack for Windows NT version 3.51.”)

but i’m using Windows 2000 Pro. with all SP’s …

forget to answer something:
no, only in opengl programs.
DirtyX ( ) programs/games are working.