OpenGL for Half-Life

I can select OpenGL in half-life but as soon as I start a game it tells me that my video card doesn’t support OpenGL, yet when I play anyother game that allows the OpenGL, it works. Please help me out here…I cant even play the game.

Video Card:
Voodoo3 2000 PCI
300MHz

I have a 3d blaster voodoo2 and i have same problem

i have a voodoo3 3000 and my gl mini drvrs are “not supported” either im running in default gl for now till fixed ggrrrrrrr

Just finished Half-Life - oh wow what a great game!!!. My setup:K6-400, 128meg RAM, Voodoo3 2000 PCI - selected D3D instead of Opengl worked great. Usually had very good frame-rates. Try that if all you want to do is enjoy the game. I develop in OpenGL but hey - I am going to go with what works. Also, read the readme.txt if I remember correctly they talk about this.
Luck.

Hey Teck, checkout the message :

“OpenGL not working with TNT2 M64” posted October 22.

I had exactly the same problem as you.
My setup is : Riva TNT2 Ultra 32M, VIA chipset, 128M 133Mhz DRAM, PIII600e, Win98SE, DirectX7.0a, latest GLsetup drv.
I suddenly lost OpenGL ability in Descent 3 and Half-Life.
Also my demo of Star Trek Voyager Elite Force would not run at all with an OpenGL error msg. Now they work fine.
I was about to reformat + reinstall Win98 and everything until I read this message.

The “;DVA=0” edit in Win.ini was the fix!
See the message…

Good Luck !!

if you have a v2
go dl the win2k drivers and pull the 3dfxvgl.dll file out and put it in the gldrv
folder in hl.
then in drivemap.txt file rename it to 3dfxvgl.dll
and it will work everytime

what is win2k ?

I have a TNT2 M64. 90% of the time i try to join any multiplayer game of halflife, team fortress, counterstrike etc. with OPENGL on, I get a fatal exception error(aka BSOD), It closes halflife, shoots me back to windows, and i have to reboot because when i try to start halflife it says i dont have DirectX 6.0 or higher Installed.
I have DirectX 7.0 installed actually.

I have tried it with 2 differant TNT2M64’s so i know its not the card (although it may be the chipset). Ive reinstalled halflife, direct3d, windows, and it still happens.
Any ideas? (im using direct3d right now actually)

Just copy the 3dfxgl.dll into your windows\system dir. btw get the wickedgl drivers

I had the error of “OpenGl is not supported in your card” in Halflife. I have WindowsMe D.X8 and a V2…i tried putting the 3dfxvgl.dll in the halflife directory and it works fine now…thanks.
If you have the same problem, try it. It works.

Thanks for this nice Tip !!!

Originally posted by [=Z=]Abel:
I had the error of “OpenGl is not supported in your card” in Halflife. I have WindowsMe D.X8 and a V2…i tried putting the 3dfxvgl.dll in the halflife directory and it works fine now…thanks.
If you have the same problem, try it. It works.