Tribes 2 Open GL trouble! HELP!

I just recently (6 days ago) got Tribes 2 in the mail. I’ve been playing it a lot, but unfortunately, every time I play it, it’s for troubleshooting. This problem ONLY occurs ONLINE, not in single player:
With Open GL enabled, the game freezes, unless I press excape to the admin menu, or if that doesn’t work, Alt-Esc out of the game, and go back in, then everything rushes forward to regular time in the game. I’m sick of pressing escape every 10 seconds, and Alt-Esc every 2 minutes (Random occurrences, but often)! Going into Direct 3D drivers makes the game work okay, but it’s slow, and graphics don’t look as NEARLY as good as Open GL…Anyone have an idea? (I have downloaded ALL the latest drivers for ALL my hardware, so don’t even THINK of telling me it’s a driver issue)

Here’s my system info:
ASUS A7V VIA PC133 chipset
AMD Athlon 1.2 GHz
192 MB PC100 SDRAM
30 GB HD
32 MB Hercules 3D Prophet II MX (nVidia GF2)
SB Live! X-Gamer 5.1
Cable modem connection (ISP: Road Runner)

I don’t know about you guys, but I think this is an amazing system. How could I possibly have a problem with ANY game?! Please, send help info right away! (No it’s not my ISP or internet connection that’s the problem either, I already went through that)

Thank you, everyone,
Black Crusader