OpenGL version 2

How can I get OpenGL version 2 or higher, and how do I check to see if it is compatable with my system.
I have been told I need it for I flight sim that I have got.
Many Thanks.
Martin.

You need the graphic card that supports it (anything not older than ~2 years) and the latest drivers directly from vendor site (nvidia, ati, etc).

MS is shipping intentionally crippled version of drivers as standard windows install - you need to get the latest, full featured drivers from graphic card manufacturers site. It is that simple, but not for MS.

MS is shipping intentionally crippled version of drivers as standard windows install
It would be more fair to say that Microsoft does not install OpenGL drivers as part of Windows. And for good reason.

Most OpenGL drivers change so rapidly that it’s best to always be running up-to-date versions from the graphics vendor’s website. ATi literally has a new driver revision every month.

Yeah, but it is still a “slap in the face” how windows update installs newer drivers but are still crippled without OpenGL support.

Yeah, but it is still a “slap in the face” how windows update installs newer drivers but are still crippled without OpenGL support.
Or, it’s a subtle hint to download the latest drivers. Like every game tells you to do anyway, but has no way to make you.