Opengl Problem With Call of Duty

I cannot initialize Opengl when I run Call of Duty. I was running it fine a couple of weeks back but now it gives me the following error message:

----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----

----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
…initializing QGL
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINDOWS\System32\opengl32.dll’ ): succeeded
…setting mode 4: 800 600 FS
…using colorbits of 32
…calling CDS: ok
…registered window class
…created window@0,0 (800x600)
Initializing OpenGL driver
…getting DC: succeeded
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
…23 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
…23 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
…restoring display settings
…WARNING: could not set the given mode (4)
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
Forcing 640x480 resolution to allow OpenGL to run in fullscreen
…initializing QGL
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINDOWS\System32\opengl32.dll’ ): succeeded
…setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
…using colorbits of 32
…calling CDS: ok
…created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
…getting DC: succeeded
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
…23 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
…23 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
…restoring display settings
…WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )

Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
Could not load OpenGL. Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your video card from the manufacturer’s web site.

This doesn't make sense because I was running the game with the drivers I was using a month back. I looked at my Win.ini ( in the windows folder) file and couldn't find the DVA = 0 statement. Just to be safe i unistalled my drivers adn installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my GeForce MX2 440 card. 
  My hardware is fine since it was running perfectly a while back something must of happened. Oh yeah, I installed Matlab on my PC between then and now. I heard it my cause problems so I uninstalled it, but that didn't fix my problem.
  I would appreciate some constructive advice by experts on this subject. Thank you.
  • Modey3

did u update your drivers any time after you had the game working??? once u un0install matlab re-install cod…does ur comp/stuff meet mon requirements>?

Of course my PC meeets the min requirements, I was playing it fine a month ago. I uninstalled mathcad and reinstalled COD. I also removed my driverss (from control panel ) and reinstalled them. Hope this helps.

Modey3

Are you having any problems with any other OpenGL games?

If no, then it’s probably something wrong with your CoD instll. Did you try doing a clean reinstall of CoD?

If yes, then it’s probably something with your system setup.

I have the same problem!and i have matlab installed too…maybe thats the problem!
I have the problem in all games that use opengl!I already installed the new drivers again and again

Hmm… my problems started after I had installed matlab to… Strange…

Matlab is always running and always using OpenGL… the simpliest way to avoid problems with it is to uninstall Matlab.

If you cannot do that, then you can always kill the Matlab process that’s always running when you want to play games… then reboot for using Matlab.

Just thought I’d let you all know that by closing the Matlab background processes this problem goes away. I was having similar problems.

Edd