help needed on my martox g400 running XP

i have recently upgraded to windows XP but have found that none of my games work as well as they did due to the fact i cant install openGL does anyone know where i can get Open GL for XP

Do u have the latest driver 4 your matrox g400 cards. If u havent i suggest u do that 1st. U can find that the latest driver 4 Xp mite make a different. Anyway, thought i mite let u know abt my system
Dual System
2xceleron 466 (not clocked)
448megs Ram
32MB Matrox g400

When W2K came out i installed it and found out nagh i’m not downgrading 2 Win9x or anything cos it’s just not worth it 4 my system u know. 4 my system W2K and Xp is the next best thing well 4 support 1-2 processors. All games works fine 4 me i have no problem at all. The original opengl files which came with xp shouldn’t have any problem u no need to replace it with any files.

Thought i ask u did u install xp from clean or u did and upgrade from your existing os. It mite help if u did a fresh install beleive me. Another thing if u trying 2 get Q3A working and it doesnt work then u mite have 2 go and d/l the latest patch 4 Q3A here is the website where u can get it www.quake3arena.com

Anyway, try out wot i’ve told u ok and if it doesnt work then i don’t know wots wrong with it, mite be ur motherboard not compatible with xp or something. Let me know if something works.

CIAO!

Originally posted by Andy01:
[b]Do u have the latest driver 4 your matrox g400 cards. If u havent i suggest u do that 1st. U can find that the latest driver 4 Xp mite make a different. Anyway, thought i mite let u know abt my system
Dual System
2xceleron 466 (not clocked)
448megs Ram
32MB Matrox g400

When W2K came out i installed it and found out nagh i’m not downgrading 2 Win9x or anything cos it’s just not worth it 4 my system u know. 4 my system W2K and Xp is the next best thing well 4 support 1-2 processors. All games works fine 4 me i have no problem at all. The original opengl files which came with xp shouldn’t have any problem u no need to replace it with any files.

Thought i ask u did u install xp from clean or u did and upgrade from your existing os. It mite help if u did a fresh install beleive me. Another thing if u trying 2 get Q3A working and it doesnt work then u mite have 2 go and d/l the latest patch 4 Q3A here is the website where u can get it www.quake3arena.com

Anyway, try out wot i’ve told u ok and if it doesnt work then i don’t know wots wrong with it, mite be ur motherboard not compatible with xp or something. Let me know if something works.

CIAO![/b]

i have a AMD 900 (not clocked)
640megs ram
32MB Matrox g400

i have installed Xp as a fresh install and had no look, u sed windows has its own Open Gl i didnt know that and do u know where i can find them thanks for your help

What i meant 2 say is Windows Xp should have the opengl drivers shipped with it already. U shouldnt have 2 look 4 any 3rd party drivers. Maybe u need 2 update ur vdo card 2 the latest driver from the matrox website. I guess by the sound of it u have already don’t that am i rite? if not go do that 1st and see it solves the problem. Get bak 2 me on that.

CIAO!