Crapy Audio with OpenGL (GeF 2 MX 400 + SB 128 PCI)

when playin in OpenGL rendering with my newly installed GeForce 2 MX 400 family board, the sound become crappy after a while.

it sounds like metallic and with light reverb.
problem occur under different settings (color depth, res, low audio quality, no EAX, etc…)

i’ve spent so much lookin for the solution.
finally i’ve found my audio board is not a true SB128PCI but a SBvibra 128 pci !
(gasp! )

whatever, my drivers are the newest, win98 is tuned up finely.

also, i’d like to find a way to create/get a file that allow me to change my old monitor’s resolution settings in a single operation.
(i’d like to edit the file and set to 60 Hz all res !)

Thanx a lot for takin me out of this crap .

Hey ! I have same kind of problem .
And I’ve tryed to disable many things like EAX audio, Aureal Audio, High quality set to low, enable/disable use of hardware acceleration, etc…
still experiencin weird sounds playin some 3D games in OpenGL.

Thanx for help

HELP !

Originally posted by The_One:
HELP !

no one seems to hear you !

Originally posted by TreeDee:
no one seems to hear you !

Yup they only think about their own lil’ problem so they can play Counter Strike

this item is really deserted …

SB 128 PCI cards have always had problems with games, missing sounds and clipping. I had the same problem too!!!

spent AU$138 and got myself a SoundBlaster Audigy D.E. Works great with games, good sound at 24bit/96khz…

Originally posted by audigy_guy:
SB 128 PCI cards have always had problems with games, missing sounds and clipping. I had the same problem too!!!

spent AU$138 and got myself a SoundBlaster Audigy D.E. Works great with games, good sound at 24bit/96khz…

That’s what I’ll do ASAP !
But for the moment I’d like to get some tracks to find how to optimize my sound board’s performances…

[This message has been edited by 3D_Newbie (edited 11-30-2002).]

Originally posted by audigy_guy:
[b]SB 128 PCI cards have always had problems with games, missing sounds and clipping. I had the same problem too!!!

spent AU$138 and got myself a SoundBlaster Audigy D.E. Works great with games, good sound at 24bit/96khz… [/b]

Thanx for information !
This would mean Creative is manufacturing ALSO Crapy SoundBlaster OEM boards !!!

I’ll never more consider Creative as the
best Sound boards manufacturer, also because the new Hercules Fortissimo 3 gives a serious hit to them.

I think monopoly is not the best position as you can notice about Bill Gates’s troubles.
Concurency is always good .

Originally posted by 3D_Newbie:
[b]when playin in OpenGL rendering with my newly installed GeForce 2 MX 400 family board, the sound become crappy after a while.

it sounds like metallic and with light reverb.
problem occur under different settings (color depth, res, low audio quality, no EAX, etc…)

i’ve spent so much lookin for the solution.
finally i’ve found my audio board is not a true SB128PCI but a SBvibra 128 pci !
(gasp! )
[/b]

Have a look at theses links :

noises, cracks, jitter, etc… -> http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/SRVS/…Case=obj(13635)

MoBo’s buses noise reduction -> http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/SRVS/…,Case=obj(1507)

In the Creative Knowledge Base are a lot of troubleshouting answers about GeForce, SoundBlaster and many other stuff including some General PC (BIOS, MoBo,…) Setup Informations.

Hope this will help billions of ppl around the world

Originally posted by Max Le Fou:
[b] Have a look at theses links :

noises, cracks, jitter, etc… -> http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/SRVS/…Case=obj(13635)

MoBo’s buses noise reduction -> http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/SRVS/…,Case=obj(1507)

In the Creative Knowledge Base are a lot of troubleshouting answers about GeForce, SoundBlaster and many other stuff including some General PC (BIOS, MoBo,…) Setup Informations.

Hope this will help billions of ppl around the world

[/b]

Wow the second link is dead now and it seems there are no way to find it back.