OpenGL doesn't work at all...

hey… i have a windows XP home edition service pack 1 computer… OpenGL programs never work. they are choppy, and the framerate is lower than 1 frame per second! Sometimes it freezes up my computer too… :frowning: My card is: “S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR” And it works FINE for non-openGL games… but OpenGL wont work. I looked at the Manufactures website, and it provided nothing exept a new driver… wich i installed and did nothing. I tried installing opengl, but that didn’t do anything either. Please help.

hey man, i’m having the same exact problem…

I have an nvidia gforce 5200 video card - 128mb, i have the latest directx installed, latest nvidia driver installed, and also downloaded a version of opengl…

as soon as i switch “renderer” from software to opengl, it becomes wicked choppy, and MAX 4 FPS…

while in software mode, i see at least 30FPS…

does anyone know whats wrong? thanks…

Yeah… Umm at least you have 30 FPS. Is there any program or driver that is for ANY card that will boost up OpenGL Performance?

Can anyone help me and reply?

Originally posted by <Anonymous348>:
Can anyone help me and reply?
Dude, relax its weekend.

Could you name a game had performs bad? And whats your system configuration? CPU/RAM and so on…

game that performs bad

YSFlight (www.YSFlight.com)
Racer (www.racer.nl)
Basically, ANY opengl program i use, works bad :frowning:

I’m having exactly the same problem with the ProSavageDDR. I’m trying to run Blender, and if I switch windows, it crashes.

The display card of your S3 is too old :frowning: