Wolfenstein- Enemy Territory

I have Win XP and when i try to star the game Wolfenstein- Enemy Territory there´s a error: could not load opengl subsystem
PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! what do i do?

what kind of video card do u have???

i tried to run enemy territory with a rage furry pro/xpert 2000 and i would not work so then i tried a radeon 7000 and it still wont work i suggest if u need a new card to try getting ones that is suggested on the minimum requirements of the game.

• Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP OS (Windows NT 4.0 not recommended for clients)
  • 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible system (including all 32bit drivers)
  • Intel® Pentium® III 600Mhz processor or AMD equivalent
  • 128 MB RAM
  • 32 MB 100% fully OpenGL® compliant 3-D video card
  • Microsoft® Direct X® 8.1 or higher (not included)
  • 271 MB total disk space for game files
  • 500 MB free disk space for swap file
  • 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible keyboard
  • 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible mouse
  • 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound card
  • For internet play, 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible 56.6k modem or better internet connection. 56.6k modem play is not recommended for games with more than 8 players total; broadband players should be able to handle up to 32 depending on their connection with the server on which they’re playing.

tested cards…
GeForce 4 Ti 4600
GeForce 4 MX
GeForce 3
GeForce 2 Ultra
GeForce 2 MX
GeForce256
Radeon 8500/64
Radeon 7200/64
Radeon 9700 Pro/128
Xabre 400
www.activision.com/en_US/home/home.jsp
press support and ask a question, attach ur dxdiag.exe test.

run
dxiag.exe
save all

then press extra documents
ask ur questions in the box and they will get back 2 u. copied off page**

*Your Question is… (English only, not in the US? click the Contact button for regional support)
can u see if my computer and video card can handle return to castle wolfenstein, enemy territory, quake (enter what ever game u entered where it asked u what game) (not shown in this exemple) attached is my dxiag.exe file

*Attach Documents to Question, such as DxDiag.txt/screenshots of errors
1 attach dxiag.exe file here<<<<<

http://www.activision.com/support/

Question
I receive an OpenGL Subystem error.

Answer
Make sure you have the latest video and sound card drivers from the manufacturers’ websites.

Set your desktop to a resolution of 800x600, 32 bit True Color.

1. Right-click on your desktop and select Properties.
  2. Click the Settings tab.
  3. Set your screen area to 800x600.
  4. Set the colors to 32 Bit (True Color). Under Windows NT this will be listed as 65554 colors.
  5. Click Apply and OK.

All background applications must be shutdown prior to running the game.

Make sure the 3D hardware acceleration is turned all the way up.

1. Right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties.
  2. Select the Performance tab and click the Graphics button.
  3. Make sure the acceleration slider is set to Full.

For Windows XP and 2000:

1. Click on the Start button > Settings > Control Panel.
  2. Double-click the Display icon.
  3. Click the Settings tab.
  4. Click the Advanced button.
  5. Click the Troubleshoot tab.
  6. Make sure the acceleration slider is set to Full.

Hey… how do you “Spot” landmines as a Covert Ops? Peopl have been telling me to do that but I have NO idea what they’re talking about… v.v

Originally posted by Qpmss:
I have Win XP and when i try to star the game Wolfenstein- Enemy Territory there´s a error: could not load opengl subsystem

well the same thing happnd to my friend and hes got a dookie computer. the real question is what kind of video and/or sound card u hav and what settings there r. thats really all i can tell u im not some computer geek who knows everthing

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hi…:
Hey… how do you “Spot” landmines as a Covert Ops? Peopl have been telling me to do that but I have NO idea what they’re talking about… v.v[/u just take out ur binoculars and u’ll see like a 3d, translusent white outline of what a mine looks like before its set, and then u just left click on that spot while looking at it with the binocs and itll put a flag there and ur teammates will c it

oh really? Wow! Thanks ALOT, that will easily help me in the future!

Most likely it is your drivers for your vid card. go to mfg web site and download new ones. If you are looking for a smooth game that is fun to use This Game is not for you. I am a newbee and found the game to be very jerky and not very fun.I guess if there was a way to find local area players and servers it may be better.
Good Luck!
Jay

Originally posted by Qpmss: