SIS 305 Problems (General)

I recently upgraded to a “new” SIS 305 32MB PCI video card from my ailing Xpert98 PCI. I loaded the most recent drivers (v1.15), and my frame rates are down the pisser! I only achieved around 5fps more in UT, and other games show the same resolt. I tried overclocking with Powerstrip, which sort of worked, but I know my card isnt supposed to be acting like this.

My system is pretty old though, so it might contribute to my problem. And im to poor to actually buy a whole new system, so dont tell me to. For my system specs, here they are: AMD k6-2 3D@333MHz, 128MB PC-133 Ram, Titanium 1B+ mobo…the rest are unimportant.

Should I pony up for an adapter by PowerLead (or something like that), or should i just forget it? Please help me!

I know you dont want to hear it, but you are CPU bound.

As far as I know UT (not UT2003 though) doesnt use T&L so it does all the 3d transformation and lightning on the CPU and not on the 3d card.

Even if you would buy an ATI-9800-Pro PCI (if there is such a thing) I doubt that UT would run much faster on your system.

Sorry dude (dont kill the messenger).

P.S.: On a side note, SiS provides the crappiest OpenGL drivers I have ever seen… (if they provide an OpenGL driver at all, that means).

Frankly, I’m surprised you can run UT2003 at all!

Your CPU, memory, video card (yes, even that POS SiS is weak!), etc. are all woefully obsolete.

Even if you would buy an ATI-9800-Pro PCI (if there is such a thing) I doubt that UT would run much faster on your system.

There isn’t, and I highly doubt he has a power supply strong enough to run it even if he did!

Who said i played UT2003? I just play Ut, because its obviously better. I was just wondering if there are any utilities or third party drivers i should check out

Originally posted by kamikaZi:
Who said i played UT2003? I just play Ut, because its obviously better.

Uh… yeah.

Are u implying that UT is inferior to Ut2003? I’ve playe it on my friends system, and while it is fun, its just not as good. And juts to start a fight, I HATE countercrap…opps.i mean counterstrike. what a crappy game…man-o-man…

Are u implying that UT is inferior to Ut2003? I’ve playe it on my friends system, and while it is fun, its just not as good. And juts to start a fight, I HATE countercrap…opps.i mean counterstrike. what a crappy game…man-o-man…

I would suggest the best FPS on the market, but I KNOW your computer won’t run America’s Army.

WRONG!

WRONG!

Let me guess, you prefer Wolfenstein 3D (Circa 1992)?

:-p

Wolf3D is a sweet game! Plus, if u beat RTCW on Xbox (boo), u can play it there!..and AA is a pretty good game, its just that the cheaters are ruining the game. And medics suck.

and AA is a pretty good game, its just that the cheaters are ruining the game. And medics suck.

v1.9 has Punkbuster

But really ALL multiplayer games have cheaters.

As for medics, if you don’t want to be one, don’t take the training.

wow arent we off topic.can someone please help me on my original topic please?