Geforce 2 MX + Half-Life = No OpenGL

I have an ASUS V7100 pure card running the 6.31 Beta 5 drivers from them. The problem I have been experiencing is that I cannot get Half-Life/Counter-Strike to run in OpenGL mode. I have hot swapped DLL’s from the Asus drivers and the nVidia reference drivers (Asus uses a nvOpenGL.dll and nvOpenGl.lrc setup) to run HL. Under all of them, I get a “this card does not support OpenGL” error message. If I rename the nvOpenGl driver from the nVidia ref package as OpenGl32.dll, I can get it to run but I have very poor quality of texture drawing and very VERY dark. I am downloading the glsetup package right now and will attempt to see what it can do for me, but I was wondering if others have encountered this problem? If so, what is your solution that you have? Any information is greatly appreciated.

I’ve got a similar problem. I just purchased a GeForce 2 MX and have installed the 631 drivers. Some programs seem to be accellerated and others don’t. The properties menu on the nvidia DLL’s suggests that NO PROGRAMS are using any of the DLL’s but I dunno how far I should trust that. opengl.dll is the SGI version, opengl32.dll is the Microsoft version. nvopengl.dll is the nVidia version. So… uh. Am I supposed to rename one of these? Should I remove something?
Baldur’s Gate 2 has a pull-down list of opengl support when you use it. It let’s me toggle between SGI Software openGL and Microsoft openGL (I think – it may be something else). If I select SGI it’s REALLY SLOW but the other seems to use my card.
This is all very confusing.

Originally posted by mv:
I’ve got a similar problem. I just purchased a GeForce 2 MX and have installed the 631 drivers. Some programs seem to be accellerated and others don’t. The properties menu on the nvidia DLL’s suggests that NO PROGRAMS are using any of the DLL’s but I dunno how far I should trust that. opengl.dll is the SGI version, opengl32.dll is the Microsoft version. nvopengl.dll is the nVidia version. So… uh. Am I supposed to rename one of these? Should I remove something?
Baldur’s Gate 2 has a pull-down list of opengl support when you use it. It let’s me toggle between SGI Software openGL and Microsoft openGL (I think – it may be something else). If I select SGI it’s REALLY SLOW but the other seems to use my card.
This is all very confusing.

Same problem!!!

bought new card, install nVidia detonator 3 drivers and cant run in opengl mode.
but able to run directx mode.
however it seems my FPS is lousy…
help

specs> p2 400mhz 128Mhz

Hi.

Your mobos is important Via chipsets got problems with Open GL.

Your OS is important, win2000 and winME got problems with OpenGL

When you install the Open GL remember to force the install when you been prompted.

Check the win.ini to see if you got this DVA line(real important).

cu

i have the DVA=0 line in my win.ini file.

but i still cant run my CS in openGL

HELP!!!

change to the older nvidia drivers do no help!

what is wrong?!?!?!
heard direct3d isnt as good as opengl!!!

my card is GEFORCE2 MX 32MBram

Well youre a lucky man just do this.
Click Start / Run.
Type “win.ini” (without quotes) and press OK.
Search for a line that says “DVA=0” (without quotes).
Add a semicolon ( before the DVA (The line should now look like this: “;DVA=0” (without quotes))
Save and close the file
If you find this causes more problems, just take out the semicolon.
Note that not everyone has this line, and if there is none you’ll have to try another solution.