Call of Duty Problem

I downloaded the Call of Duty demo and it quit while loading, saying that the texture compression in OpenGL could not be found. Specifically, it said that the GL_ARB_texture_compression was missing. I was hoping someone could explain this to me and tell me how to fix it. thanx.

That means that the game requires a special feature that is not implemented in the driver for your 3d card because:

a.) its an old driver

or

b.) your card isnt able to handle that in hardware.

What kind of 3d card do you own?

it says the exact same thing to me, I have 1.2 ghz Amd Athlon, 512 meg ram, 32 meg nVidia TNT2 Riva Model 64pro
and it says the exact same thing to me, I’m also looking for help, so when you find out let me know please

COD requires at least a Nvidia Geforce, your TNT2 especially a crippled 64 bit version (the real TNT2 had a 128 bit bus and hence twice the bandwidth & fillrate) simply wont cut it.

Sorry, no can do but Geforce1 + 2 cards are pretty cheap at ebay.

Originally posted by <qwerty77>:
[b]COD requires at least a Nvidia Geforce, your TNT2 especially a crippled 64 bit version (the real TNT2 had a 128 bit bus and hence twice the bandwidth & fillrate) simply wont cut it.

Sorry, no can do but Geforce1 + 2 cards are pretty cheap at ebay.[/b]
I had a GeForce2 MX200/Mx400, and my 32 meg agp TNT2 Riva Model 64 works twice as good as the Geforce 2 used too

Originally posted by martinfan611:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by <qwerty77>:
[b]COD requires at least a Nvidia Geforce, your TNT2 especially a crippled 64 bit version (the real TNT2 had a 128 bit bus and hence twice the bandwidth & fillrate) simply wont cut it.

Sorry, no can do but Geforce1 + 2 cards are pretty cheap at ebay.[/b]
I had a GeForce2 MX200/Mx400, and my 32 meg agp TNT2 Riva Model 64 works twice as good as the Geforce 2 used too[/b][/QUOTE]That is in any other game

Originally posted by martinfan611:
I had a GeForce2 MX200/Mx400, and my 32 meg agp TNT2 Riva Model 64 works twice as good as the Geforce 2 used too[/QB]
Eventhough the Geforce2 MX’s are crippled too, I highly doubt what your are saying. I still have a TNT2-Ultra which I replaced with a Geforce1-DDR ( I still have that one too) because it beat the crap out of the TNT2-Ultra.

Look here:
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20020418/vgacharts-03.html