S3 Inc. Savage/IX w/MV graphics chip set (HP notebook): does it support OpenGL

Hi,

I purchased a HP Omnibook XE3 that has a S3 Inc. Savage/IX w/MV graphics chip set. It does not run a CAD-software (Altair HyperWorks) that requires OpenGL. Neither HP nor S3 nor the software manufacturer could help me.

Can you give me a hint what to do? Please contact me by e-Mail.
kilian@talkevax.ucsd.edu

Thanks a lot.
Stefan

I have the same issue, only I have a Gateway Solo 5300 with the same video setup. I need ANY drivers that are available! According to the S3 website, this video card supports OpenGL but no one has any drivers for it. Please help!

yo go 2 my site http://www.unrealxtremes3gl.cjb.net
i developed “UXS3GL Setup” For Savage MX/IX and S3 Trio3d/2x Cuz They r Good Cards But No Companys Are Supporting It!

btw…rn’t ur cards 8MB???

Yes, my card is an 8mb card. By the way, I am unable to get to the link. Any suggestions!

i fix0red da site!

Actually, I finally made it to the site last night and installed the drivers but it’s now worse off than before. I can’t even see Quake3 Arena, I can hear it, but I can’t see it. I think the problem might be that Win M.E. protects the system files and does not allow them to be replaced. Everytime I tried copying ‘openg32.dll’, or re-name it, it would automatically replace it again and put the new file in an sfc/archive folder. Any suggestions?

Nevermind! I tried one last-ditch effort to install the drivers and now they work great! You’re my new HERO, man! Q3 Arena, Q3 Fortress, Unreal…it’s all finally working. Thanks!!!

Originally posted by villena:
Nevermind! I tried one last-ditch effort to install the drivers and now they work great! You’re my new HERO, man! Q3 Arena, Q3 Fortress, Unreal…it’s all finally working. Thanks!!!

I have HP running ME with same card as yours.
I also downloaded the referenced drivers but can’t get them working. I get a half inch display when I play game. How did you get new drivers to work. Did you keep the Opengl32.dll that came loaded in ME?

I got the same half inch display at first. What I did was reinstall the drivers the way ‘Need-a-new-card’ said to do on his website. First I downloaded and installed the OpenGL drivers. Then, I created a folder and extracted the UXS3GL drivers into it. Windows automatically found and tried to install drivers that seemed to be the ones that I downloaded, however, they didn’t work until I specified the directory where I exctracted the drivers. As for the OpenGL drivers, I tried to make changes to the drivers to see if that would work but M.E. kep reversing the changes. Ultimately, I think I just need to specify the right directory for the video drivers. Hope this helps!