OpenGL drivers for Trident CyberALADDIN

I have recently bought a toshiba A20-s207 with a Trident CyberALADDIN-P4. The computer seems sluggish when I play certain games, and i think updating opengl would help. I can’t seem to find the opengl driver trident’s or toshiba’s sites. Where could I download it?

Thanks in advance,
Saint

What games?

By the way, sorry to hear that you have a great laptop with Trident video in it.

I doubt updating OpenGL will help… and Toshiba is responsible for your video drivers, so yell at them.

Halo, Knights of the Old Republic. Any newer game. I don’t really understand how opengl fits into the video driver setup. Is there an updated driver for my card that supports opengl better? or is the opengl driver a separate driver?
I’ve been looking around and it seems like a LOT of trident card users are looking for better drivers. Does this mean there aren’t any to be found?

Thanks,
Saint

Originally posted by Saint:
[b]Halo, Knights of the Old Republic. Any newer game. I don’t really understand how opengl fits into the video driver setup. Is there an updated driver for my card that supports opengl better? or is the opengl driver a separate driver?
I’ve been looking around and it seems like a LOT of trident card users are looking for better drivers. Does this mean there aren’t any to be found?

Thanks,
Saint[/b]

You have to understand that Trident is the low end of the low end video manufacterers. They’re making cards that barely satisfy minimum requirements for operation, let alone gaming.

Then you have to factor in that game makers aren’t making their games to work with Trident… they’re making and testing them with ATI and Nvidia cards.