After installing XP...no OpenGL

I have upgraded from ME to XP one Week ago. From this time I can’t play OpenGL Games, so I tried to get the new XP Drivers for my Video Card…I found them (I have the ATI Radeon DDR 32).
I tried to install them, but every time I have tried this there were one Warning:

Setup konnte die Installation abschließen.Versuchen Sie vor der Ausführung von Setup einen Standart-VGA-Treiber für Ihre Grafikkarte zu laden.

Its in German and it means something like this:

Setup Couldn’t complete the Installation. Please try before starting this application to load a standart-VGA-Driver.

After this the Installation continue.

But every Time I try to play a OpenGL Game it told me that my Video Card doesn’t support this Mode.

But when I had Windows ME it worked without problems.

Can somebody help me?

(Sorry for my bad English ;-))

ZioN

I guess right now you use the driver XP installed. The warning says that you should completly uninstall the old drivers and use the standard VGA driver (16 colours, 640x480) driver before you install the new one.

BTW: Upgrading an old Windows to XP is ehhh… not a good idea.

Why actionally ?
Are there Problems, or why?

same video card… same xp… game return to castle wolfenstein… SAME PROBLEM!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Same thing Windows XP but a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP card I can dnload a 3rd party driver but them my legacy of Kain BloodOmen 2 reboots Windows XP even with reoboot turned off, castle wolfenstien will not work with normal xp driver help please

Ok well I upgraded from Windows 98 to XP pro and I have the ATI Radeon 64 MB DDR card. I also had it tell me to use the standard driver. What you have to do change the driver you are currently using to the Standard VGA Driver. I believe this can be done by uninstalling the driver software from your system so that XP does not match a driver to your ATI card then it will ask you to pick a driver by default I believe it says Standard VGA Adaper or something like that once you have it using that driver. Then you can run the ATI Setup.