OpenGL in Windows XP - HELP!

I have a Voodoo 3 and have recently upgraded to Windows XP 2532. Unreal Tournament will not use my Voodoo 3. Any tips?

I have the same problem in XP and can’t seem to install open gl :frowning:

Please, won’t somebody help?

I don’t know if this helps, but I have a Hercules 3D Prophet II Ultra on XP build 2481 and it works just fine using the win 2k drivers. If you haven’t already try using the 2k drivers for that card.

Try switching from 3dfx Glide to Direct3D, it fixed the problem for me.
But this might not work for all drivers for V3 in WinXP, so if it doesn’t work w/ the original XP drivers, try different ones.
Omega drivers are good, you can get them at www.3dfxfiles.com

Windows 2000 had in-built OpenGL drivers. Windows XP does not, and it will overwrite your OpenGL drivers if you upgrade from ME or 98/95. You should be able to use Direct3D with any 3D card, but not all software supports this (Quake III being the biggest winger). If you reinstall your graphics card’s drivers, it may or may not include the OpenGL libraries. If it doesn’t, you may need to dual boot Windows 2000 and Windows XP in order to run Quake III and other OpenGL-fussy games. Windows 2000 and Windows XP will co-exist quite happily on separate partitions, just install Windows XP last, cause it has the latest version of the NT OS-Loader. This is all the advice I can offer, because it is exactly what I have done on My computer (A p3-450 system with a geforce 256).

I have the same problem with my Voodoo 3 3000
. The games only run in direct3D, with a lower performance.
In w2k using glide (3dfx mini driver in counter strike) I have presenciated frame rates betwen 50 and 99 fps (note 1024x768).
In XP running with direct 3d, the frames rates do not exceed 70fps and sometimes reaches 20fps.
less than 10 fps with smoke granade. (