Tribes & UT Freezing Randomly on GeForce2 mx

Tribes and Unreal Tournament used to run fine, But now my video freezes randomly and I can do nothing but hit power to reboot.

I have a Gateway Performance 700 Pentium 3
384 mb Ram
WinME
SBLive
20 Gig HD
DX8

I tried GLSetup.
I Removed and reinstalled Video Drivers.
I have looked for DVA=0 in win.ini but is not there.

Please Help! Somebody

I just installed the Geforce2 a couple of weeks ago, Had a Nvidia Riva TNT2 before, I tried reinstalling the TNT2 card but same thing happens with it.

I did just install a Hauppauge WinTV tuner card, But Everything checks out OK, No conflicts anywhere.

[This message has been edited by HellRazor07 (edited 03-20-2001).]

Originally posted by HellRazor07:
[b]Tribes and Unreal Tournament used to run fine, But now my video freezes randomly and I can do nothing but hit power to reboot.

I have a Gateway Performance 700 Pentium 3
384 mb Ram
WinME
SBLive
20 Gig HD
DX8

I tried GLSetup.
I Removed and reinstalled Video Drivers.
I have looked for DVA=0 in win.ini but is not there.

Please Help! Somebody

I just installed the Geforce2 a couple of weeks ago, Had a Nvidia Riva TNT2 before, I tried reinstalling the TNT2 card but same thing happens with it.

I did just install a Hauppauge WinTV tuner card, But Everything checks out OK, No conflicts anywhere.

[This message has been edited by HellRazor07 (edited 03-20-2001).][/b]

Had such a problem,problem at my place was that We had to network cards and a modem installed, I know it’s weird, but it’s fine now, Dunno what it is at your place, but maby it’s this so good luck!

I think your problem might be with DX8, alot of people have some funky problems that cleared up when they went back to DX7. Try that.
HTH
Tom