ati rage mobility 8mb laptop card and glsetup...

I would like to run glsetup to makesure I have the latest driver for my laptop but I don’t see my chipset in this list of ATI cards…
ATI
Rage 128, Rage 128 Pro, Rage Fury MAXX, Rage Pro, Radeon

can I still use glsetup, or will things get screwy??

Thanks for helping!

I do not think that things will get screwy but glsetup will probably inform you that no drivers can be found. The latest drivers should be available from ATI.

ATI doesn’t have downloadable drivers for the ati rage mobility chip. now what?

I have an Dell Inspiron 4000 with ATI RAGE Mobility. Worked fine earlier, but I installed the latest graphics driver from Dell and updated the BIOS, and now it refuses to start OPENGL software. Have tried to reinstall old Bios and drivers, but still does not work. Any similar experience? Advice?

Originally posted by aaajjj:
[b]I would like to run glsetup to makesure I have the latest driver for my laptop but I don’t see my chipset in this list of ATI cards…
ATI
Rage 128, Rage 128 Pro, Rage Fury MAXX, Rage Pro, Radeon

can I still use glsetup, or will things get screwy??

Thanks for helping![/b]

Last time I checked ATI web site, they said explicitly you should download the driver from the laptop maker instead.
Maybe it is still true now…?

Go to www.rage3d.com , and look for RageLTMan’s drivers. They are tweaked drivers that should provide the best performance for you. Also check out the Rage Pro forum there if you have questions (the Rage Pro and Mobility are related). And finally, there’s no real reason to have the latest OpenGL. That depends on what you prefer - speed vs. image quality. The later OpenGL drivers are said to be slower.

On second thought, here’s another good page to check: http://members.nbci.com/rage_pro/drivers/drv.htm

It discusses the different OpenGL ICDs, and you can download them separately.

ATI RAGE MOBILITY gives HW OpenGL support only at 16-bit color depth under WIN98 (if you’ve got WIN ME you have to install old WIN98 drivers)
Giorgio
giorgio.bogoni@tiscalinet.it