Diamond Viper 770 OpenGL support for win2k

I have a diamond viper 770D(I bought it from Dell, so im not sure if it uses tnt2 or tnt2 ultra chipset.) I have been running windows 2000 for a long time, but always dual booted, windows 98 for games, 2k for all else. I recently was having some prob. w/ 98, so decided to just move everything to 2k. Well, some games worked(starcraft, halflife in directx mode), but then I got to quake III arena and Serious Sam, which only work with OpenGL. Neither of them works. when quake 3 is loading it gives me this error:
Initializing OpenGL driver
…getting DC: succeeded
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
…restoring display settings
…WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
…assuming ‘3dfxvgl’ is a standalone driver
…initializing QGL
…WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
…shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

Serious Sam just says cant load OpenGL.
So far, heres what I’ve done:

1. Contacted Dell for any support. They say since I’ve changed my OS, I no longer have any support.
  2. Went to Diamond website for a new win2k driver. They only have drivers for 9x.
  3. Since it uses TNT2 chipset, I went to NVIDIA.com. I downloaded the Detanotar XP drivers, version 21.83 and installed. It installed ok, but then it asked me to reboot. I did, and the only resolution I could get was 640x480, 256 color. I got an error whenever I tried to change resolution. Neither Quake or Serious Sam worked. I didn’t write down any of these messages(I was in a frenzied panic at the time)
  4. I tried both mesa and scitech GLDirect, they both only work w/ 9x.

Long post, but I wanted to try and describe the whole problem. Any suggestions besides go back to 98? thanks.

Dude, tell me about it. I have the exact same problem with the exact same card from Dell. I’m just gunna buy a new card already. I’ve had way too much trouble trying to get OpenGl working with this piece of crap. Heck, I had to develop something for openGl, so I went to fry’s and bought a titanium geforce 2 under their 30 day return policy so I could get my gl coding in. I’ll prolly just wait it out til I buy my next computer. =(