GF2, T2 and a weird gfx glitch

i have a Creative GF2 GTS 32 DDR, Win98SE and a short temper. when ever i play OpenGL games (such as Tribes2) i get this really nerv wrecking GFX glitch which looks almost like a tearing effect. it’s jagged and looks very annoying. There you can see the bug in full effect. if you pay attention to the water/ground line, you’ll see that it’s not normal, infact, it’s all screwed up. it looks awful. if anyone knows a solution to squish this bug (changing drivers sure isn’t 1, i’ve tried 'em all), then please help me. thanks for your time

oh, and i have the SAME EXACT problem with all ANOTHER computer. it has a RivaTNT card. (also another guy has this problem with GF DDR).

I had the exact same problem with the Creative Labs Annihilator 2 (GF2) and certain games, particularly Everquest. I remember seeing it at the edges of translucent polygons (i.e. water) and opaque, underlying polygons, although it also occurred at other times.

Does this problem appear with the same severity in both 16 and 32-bit color?

I don’t recall this problem ever going away while I had the GF2, and I’m not sure if there is a known solution. My suggestion is just to upgrade to the most recent Detonator 3 drivers, the most recent AGP drivers for your motherboard/OS combination, patch all your games and hope for the best.

actually the problem isn’t as striking when you use 32bit colors. but this doesn’t really solve anything.
so i tried GLSetup and updated my drivers, it said that my drivers were newer than the drivers i replaced them with, but the problem is gone. FPS did drop a bit, but aleast i can play the game now

Turn on vsync to take away tearing
look for the ingame options as well.

Originally posted by stry:
[b]i have a Creative GF2 GTS 32 DDR, Win98SE and a short temper. when ever i play OpenGL games (such as Tribes2) i get this really nerv wrecking GFX glitch which looks almost like a tearing effect. it’s jagged and looks very annoying. There you can see the bug in full effect. if you pay attention to the water/ground line, you’ll see that it’s not normal, infact, it’s all screwed up. it looks awful. if anyone knows a solution to squish this bug (changing drivers sure isn’t 1, i’ve tried 'em all), then please help me. thanks for your time

oh, and i have the SAME EXACT problem with all ANOTHER computer. it has a RivaTNT card. (also another guy has this problem with GF DDR). [/b]

Proteus - it isn’t a vsync effect (or it wouldn’t show up in a screenshot, would it). It is actually some kind of bug that makes a tearing artifact. (I’m sure, I’ve seen it in several games with and without vsync enabled).