winXP + openGL + geforce 2 mx 200 = problems

Okay here’s the 10000th problem with openGL:

My system = AMD Duron 750 Mhz , 256 ram , geforce 2 mx 200 , DX 9.0 b .

When i open a game that is openGL only ( wolfenstein
, Jedi Knight , Tribes 2 , Quake 3 , Mohaa , …) the game just won’t start. It’s like my card isn’t compatibel with openGL. When i try to play the games under Win98 the work just fine, but when i reinstal winXP the games don’t work. I’ve tried to install the latest drivers for my card, but when i do that my computer doesn’t recognise my Geforce card anymore. Other games (like Half-Life , Operation Flashpoint , Dungeon Siege Vice City ) , wich aren’t OpenGL only i can play. (Half-Life i have to put on Direct 3D). Can anyone please help me out cause i’m dying to play a game of Wolfenstein. Thanks alot!

Find a way to install properly your video drivers. It is not so hard isn’t it ? www.nvida.com
The default XP ones will not give you GL accerelation. Thank you Microsoft.

Thanks, i’ll try to do that, i at least know where the problem is now(drivers). I went to nvidia.com and downloaded the latest drivers. When i install then, windows doesn’t recognise the geforce card. What to do now? Thanks

If you have a laptop you need to use the video drivers from your manufacturer (ie Dell Toshiba etc). Or find on the web how to patch the nvidia ones for them to work on a laptop.

If it is a desktop : read carefuly the ‘install drivers’ NVidia textfile for advices.
ie:
-uninstall current drivers
-reboot
-it asks for a driver : cancel that
-so you should be using default VGA driver
-install nvidia one
-reboot

If it still doesn’t work, well I have no more ideas. Maybe delete your card from the ‘system devices’ or whatever, then reboot.

Try to get and install some detonator ver28.32 from NVidea

Originally posted by ZbuffeR:
[b]If you have a laptop you need to use the video drivers from your manufacturer (ie Dell Toshiba etc). Or find on the web how to patch the nvidia ones for them to work on a laptop.

If it is a desktop : read carefuly the ‘install drivers’ NVidia textfile for advices.
ie:
-uninstall current drivers
-reboot
-it asks for a driver : cancel that
-so you should be using default VGA driver
-install nvidia one
-reboot

If it still doesn’t work, well I have no more ideas. Maybe delete your card from the ‘system devices’ or whatever, then reboot.[/b]
How to get nvdia one???

Mammoth: no wonder mammoths disappeared, they can’t even find nvidia driver ! well, just joking :stuck_out_tongue:

go to nvidia.com, click “drivers”
or go to :
http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Then you have some pretty hard selections to make, in order to get the correct driver for your system.
Good luck, you will need it.

Hi all,

probably i have an explanation for the problem, as far as i can remember there was an article about a charge of faked MX200 Cards. The Chip used on the card is not from Nvidia. That’s why the Nvidia Driver’s won’t recognize the card and install. Sounds strange, what manufacturer is indicated on the Card?

k3wldoode

ZbufferR: thanks a lot, and i finally got it fixed, but now the computer crashed, and the VGA card is ruined. Bad luck i guess>>>

Hi, i have the exact problem with my mx200, and i´ve tried everything to put this piece of sh*t to work, but nothing, i tried the new nvidia drivers and it was ever worser, the game crashed often!well i give up, i´m going to buy a FX5500 :mad: :mad: :confused: