Please help me with OpenGL

Any game that requires OpenGL i.e. Jedi Academy, will not run. It’ll say, “Could not open the OpenGL subsystem.” or "Your video card does not support OpenGL. I have a Pentium 4 1.8 GHz, 512 Ram, and my video card is a Geforce 3 Ti 200, and it should support OpenGL. I’ve updated the drivers from NVidia and Dell and nothing will fix it. The games that require DirectX or Direct3d work perfectly. BF42, for instance. Not a single flaw present, but it’s almost as if my computer doesn’t read OpenGL. I’ve had this problem for about 2 years now. Any help would be invaluable. Thank you.

Never had this problem myself, but this is how I was told to fix it. Try at your own risk -

Click Start / Run.
Type “win.ini” (without quotes) and press OK.
Search for a line that says “DVA=0” (without the quotes).
Add a semicolon ( before the DVA (the line should now look like this: “;DVA=0” (without quotes))
Save and close the file
If you find this causes more problems, just take out the semicolon.

This of course assumes your running Windoze…

I looked and there isnt even a DVA line. Should I add it?

No, dont think you should add it, it supposed to remove that line from the win.ini. What drivers are you running for your video card? Dets or the new Forcewares?

Im running on Dets, I saw the Forcewares are for the new Nvidia cards, like the FX5900 or something like that.

I have the same problem for a while now. The only way I’ve fixed it is reinstalling the system. I’m running Win2k SP4, DX9, on an AthlonXP, Leadtek nForce2 mobo, 512 DDR 400, nVidia GeForce4 Ti 4200 with the newest FX drivers (tried about 4 different driver packs, old and new Dets). I’ve had this problem once, reinstalled the OS, worked fine. Then, I installed Visual Studio 6 it didn’t work anymore. It might be that, or it might be just a coincidence. Also, do you know a good OpenGL diag tool? Tried bringing GLview, but their FTP site is somehow down. Let’s try and figure this out together. Many will thank us

I just downloaded the new Forceware, nothings working still. Can no one help me?