Updating to OpenGL 2.0

In trying to use my OpenGl games, i’ve been getting messeges that I’m using OpenGL 1.0, not 1.2 or higher. I’m guessing this is what’s been leading to instability with several of my OpenGL programs (RTCW:ET, Freespace 2, Doom 3, etc). Is there any way to update my OpenGL material to 2.0 manually, or is this something i need to take up with my laptop manufacturer? I can provide computer specs if needed. Thanks for the help.

If some game absolutly needs, GL 2.0, then you need at least Geforce FX or Radeon 9500 and above.
Even if you have the hw, you might not have GL 2.0 but updating your video driver should fix that.
Doom 3 can run on GL 1.4 or 1.5 along with the old shaders, like Geforce 2, 3 or 4
Radeon 8500, …

>laptop manufacturer?

Yes, there website should have them and up to date.

Here’s my video card:

ATI Mobility FireGL T2-128 running ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700 Series (Omega 3.8.252)

The FireGL T2 is almost identical to the Radeon 9600 series video card, and can run their drivers with a minor tweak found online. The trouble is that the nw800 laptop series (my laptop) is notorious for not registering or allowing drivers to udpate properly due to a problem with the Catalyst 5.5 BIOS update last summer. As such… i can’t update anything through most of the official means, and the unofficial updates don’t register properly. Hence, I need to find an alternative location for OpenGL material if i’m ever going to update to anything beyond 1.0.

Does that make sense?

Yes. Complain loudly to both ATI and your laptop manufacturer.