OpenGL problems

So everytime I run a game that uses OpenGL, it crashes/lockups, and im unable to do anything. No error message, nothing. Some slight graphical errors though.

System specs:

Windows XP home edition.
512 mb ram.
80 gb hd.
GeForce 4 ti 4600
AMD Athlon 2000+ (1.67 ghz)

I’ve upgraded all the drivers I could think of, but nothing.

Possibly a heat problem… or it could be that your video card has finally went to video card heaven.

Could you give some examples of games?

I just reformatted, so the games i’ve tried so far is KOTOR 2 and World of Warcraft.

I just got back from sleep, tried, and it worked fine for about 10 minutes, then the screen started flickering and I had to reboot.

I entered the BIOS and the CPU temperature was 49 degrees celcius/120 fahrenheit, while the system temperature was 35 degrees/95 fahrenheit.

Originally posted by <Svergie>:
[b]I just reformatted, so the games i’ve tried so far is KOTOR 2 and World of Warcraft.

I just got back from sleep, tried, and it worked fine for about 10 minutes, then the screen started flickering and I had to reboot.

I entered the BIOS and the CPU temperature was 49 degrees celcius/120 fahrenheit, while the system temperature was 35 degrees/95 fahrenheit.[/b]
Sorry I wasn’t specific… a heat problem on the video card itself.

I’m definitely leaning toward a hardware failure (or soon to be) of some sort. Since the video card is the primary component (DirectX games run fine?)… that’s where I’m leaning.

Nope, they don’t seem to, so im gonna go with heat problem too…

I’ll try to see if I can get it replaced.