Diamond S540 MOHAA - Error

I hope somebody can helb me. I have many problems with a older Graphic Card. The name is Diamond Stealth s540 3d.
In much games the card did´nt work. (MOHAA, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, …)

Help please :slight_smile:

Certainly I can help.

Get a new video card. You’re using an obsolete card from a company that no longer makes video cards. The chip is based on the S3 Savage4 which is based on the RIVA TNT chip.

While I believe it could (barely) theoretically run both Wolfenstein and MOHAA, it probably lacks the driver support it needs to run them. You’re never going to get that driver support on an obsolete card from Diamond.

Originally posted by <Uh>:
The chip is based on the S3 Savage4 which is based on the RIVA TNT chip.

Not quite right, the TNT was made by Nvidia and has nothing to do with the Savage4.

This is from the readme.txt that comes with MOHHA

-3Dfx Voodoo 4 and 5
No intro movies play. Various textures are corrupted.
Breakable windows are opaque until broken. Once
broken they have a corrupted texture.
-3Dfx Voodoo 3
Various textures are corrupted. Breakable windows are
opaque until broken. Once broken they have a corrupted
texture. Transparent red bomb placements are invisible.
-3Dfx Voodoo Banshee cards
-Matrox G400 and G450
Frame rate is often below 10 frames per second even at
the lowest video settings. Level load times are longer
than normal.
-Nvidia Vanta

These older cards yield a frame rate that is often
below 10 frames per second even at the lowest video settings.

-PowerVR NEON 250 cards:
Video Logic PowerVR Neon 250
-S3 Savage 2000 cards:
Diamond Viper II
-S3 Savage 4 cards:
Diamond Stealth III S540
Diamond Stealth III S540 Extreme

-SiS 300 cards"

So its hardly worth the effort.

Yes, this card is very old but I will keep the card. but the card support “retur to castle wolfenstein”!!! I can´t find a driver for Windows XP and OpenGL for this card. Can you give me some instructions?

Originally posted by <StevePjere>:
Yes, this card is very old but I will keep the card. but the card support “retur to castle wolfenstein”!!! I can´t find a driver for Windows XP and OpenGL for this card. Can you give me some instructions?
Yes. Quit trying to play computer games made in the last 3 years.

good luck! but I don´t want to buy a new card. your lucky stuff dosnt help me. I need a real instruction to run the game.

by “r.t.c.w.” a massage set down -> Could not open GL Subsystem. last year i used Win98se and had no problems. in this time a friend configure my system. but winxp???

Originally posted by <StevePjere>:
[b]good luck! but I don´t want to buy a new card. your lucky stuff dosnt help me. I need a real instruction to run the game.

by “r.t.c.w.” a massage set down -> Could not open GL Subsystem. last year i used Win98se and had no problems. in this time a friend configure my system. but winxp???[/b]
Your problem is that Diamond no longer supports the card so you have no source for Windows XP drivers other than Microsoft’s generic drivers.

So, your choices are:

Go back to Windows 98

Quit trying to play modern games

BUY A NEW VIDEO CARD (which can be had for as little as $20-40)

@ all with Diamond Stealth S540 3D Graphiccard. I´ve found a driver for Win XP. It works perfectly!!!