Need help on cs using opengl

I have the problem with my cs that cant support openGL, suggestions?
I have windows XP
I have about 350 SDRAM
and a video card called:
S3 Graphics Inc.Prosavage

Chip type is: s3 prosavage km133[tm]

and i think it has 32 mb, it said that on approx total memory on the directx diagnostic, so any suggestions?

Aim sn: ls0nyl
0 is a zero, not o, and l is a L, not a cap i

[This message has been edited by Dav1sLi (edited 07-22-2003).]

I know I’ve said this before in these forums… but the S3 (and Intel) integrated video chips are just crap.

They’re basically good for Word and Excel and are used by computer manufacterers to lower costs so they can shovel their crappy designs onto unsuspecting Wal-Mart and Best Buy customers.

Here’s what I found on VIA’s website for tech support on the S3 Prosavage chip (no, I’m not joking):

Things You Don’t Want To Hear From Technical Support: 1)“Do you have a sledgehammer or a brick handy?”

2)“That’s right, not even McGyver could fix it.”

3)“So – what are you wearing?”

4)“Duuuuuude! Bummer!”

1. “Looks like you’re gonna need some new dilithium crystals, Cap’n.”

6)“Press 1 for Support. Press 2 if you’re with 60 Minutes. Press 3 if you’re with the FTC.”

1. “We can fix this, but you’re gonna need a butter knife, a roll of duct tape, and a car battery.”

8)“In layman’s terms, we call that the Hindenburg Effect.”

9)“Hold on a second… Mom! Timmy’s hitting me!”

1. “Okay, turn to page 523 in your copy of Dianetics.”

11)“Please hold for Mr. Gates’ attorney.”

You might try updating to the latest VIA drivers but I can’t tell of your chip even supports OpenGL. For that matter, I can’t tell which driver you should download.
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=70

I agree, I’ve owned an S3 Virge GX2 which only allowed me to run game in SOFTWARE RENDERING

So I’ve trashed my S3 Virge GX2 then replaced it with the latest GeForce 2 MX400 64 MB which is DirectX and OpenGL compliant so this should bring up cool grafix…

But now problem has moved to the audio GRRRR
Because of this GeF2 MX,the load of data has raise and now the audio is distorded

And my VIA chipset sucks too you should ENABLE AGP when installing the patch but in NORMAL mode except if your MoBo is a High End one (so select TURBO)…

Originally posted by Dav1sLi:
[b]I have the problem with my cs that cant support openGL, suggestions?
I have windows XP
I have about 350 SDRAM
and a video card called:
S3 Graphics Inc.Prosavage

Chip type is: s3 prosavage km133[tm]

and i think it has 32 mb, it said that on approx total memory on the directx diagnostic, so any suggestions?

Aim sn: ls0nyl
0 is a zero, not o, and l is a L, not a cap i

[This message has been edited by Dav1sLi (edited 07-22-2003).][/b]

Well Thanks Anywayz