how to upgrade to OpenGL 1.5?

Hi there.

My video card doesn’t have OpenGL 1.5, and im wondering how to upgrade itm ive tried google, but no results i guess.

Any help?

update your drivers. If it still does not brings 1.5, then your card does not support it.

i got a geforce 5200 FX video card, my current openGL version is 1.1.0, this cars issnt very old, so it think it supports 1.5

PS: still 1.1.0 when i updated my drivers.

A FX5200 supports OpenGL-2.0, just install the latest drivers available at nvidia.com

lg Clemens

Originally posted by <anonymous>:
[b] i got a geforce 5200 FX video card, my current openGL version is 1.1.0, this cars issnt very old, so it think it supports 1.5

PS: still 1.1.0 when i updated my drivers. [/b]
What does glxinfo say? Make sure the GL_VENDOR string indicates that you’re actually using the NVIDIA drivers.

Jon

the OpenGL vendor string says Microsoft Corporation.

Originally posted by <anonymous>:
the OpenGL vendor string says Microsoft Corporation.
Sounds like you’re using the Microsoft software rasterizer. Perhaps you are rendering to a pixmap or using a non-accelerated pixel format?

i have no idea

@oddhack: the OP probably wants to play a game needing GL 1.5 (hint: this is user/gaming forum)

anonymous, you card do support GL 1.5 are you sure you installed Nvidia Forceware drivers ? Last offcial version is 91.xx

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
Graphics driver / Geforce and TNT2 / <your OS here

i did, and i used ‘cardinfo’ program to identify the opengl version

(soory for doublepost, cant edit) ive got it working, the problem was that i used a opengl install program from version 1.1.0 and installed the opengl files to my desktop, and the cardinfo program read that opengl file instead of the correct one, ive figured it out when i deleted the 1.1.0 from my desktop.

PS: what does opengl actually do?

You should not use some “opengl install program”

“what does opengl actually do?”

In simple terms, it allows us to write 3D software.

It is a specification for how a implementation should behave like a GPU or software implementation like MESA, it defines an API for programmers to use to write 3D software.

A game like Jedi Knights does it’s graphics with GL.