your video mode is not supported...blah bs solution

Hi, for those of you who still get “you video mode is not supported” error, I found the solution that works for me. It was suggested by BoondockSaint, and I can finally play CS!!! I hope this helps.

PS: I’ve tried refresh fix and virtually all the suggestions in this forum, but failed.

Originally posted by BoondockSaint:
Nope, no IRC. NO other programs, actually. And it doesn’t seem to be able to change or be changed once the computer has been started. If your drivers refuse to initialize OpenGL, it will continue to do so no matter WHAT programs you try to start.
I’ve restarted my computer, and my worst fears came true. The problem was back. But I followed my own advice in my previous post and it worked again. I’ve done this a few times and it seems to be a stable (if annoying) solution.

If you go to Troubleshooting in your Display Properties and set the Hardware accelleration to zero, then restart, then set the Accelleration back to full, then OpenGL works. (No need to restart a second time)

It seems that if the Hardware Acceleration is set to full when the computer boots up, OpenGL dies.

Go figure.

[This message has been edited by streetryu (edited 04-23-2003).]

[This message has been edited by streetryu (edited 04-23-2003).]