Quake 3, OpenGL Problem

Aright, I don’t know how many times I’ve had this problem, and fixed it, but this time, it’s messed up. I’m running on a NVIDIA RIVA TNT video Card, at least that’s what it says in my Display Drivers. I use to use a Geforce 2 MX 100/200. And seems the glsetup.com site is gone, I can’t find a site to download the OpenGL Files for my Video Card. I checked the NVIDIA site too, and can’t find what I need either. I was running everything fine on this pc with Video card BEFORE I formatted, now I can’t seem to find what I need to get OpenGL to work. If anyone has any suggestion, or has the file(s) I need, feel free to add a reply or e-mail me at brandonedbishop@hotmail.com. I would greatly appreciate the help.

www.nvidia.com

I suggest using one of the older archived drivers but that’s what you need.

How would I go about aquiring one? They only have the LATEST drivers I believe.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

I would try the 28.32 first, if I where you.

Originally posted by <qwerty77>:
[b] http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

I would try the 28.32 first, if I where you.[/b]
I liked v29.42 :smiley:

Oh yea, I use Windows ME.

I hate to point out the obvious but you will find Win ME drivers at the link I posted.

I think ME is the worst M$ operating system EVER.

Here’s a link right to it… I know I have trouble with my left mouse button too.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_archive.html

I think ME is the worst M$ operating system EVER.
Ever use Windows 3.0 ? :smiley:

Originally posted by <Uh>:
Ever use Windows 3.0 ? :smiley:
Indeed I have, even Windows 2.03 on a 286/6Mhz with a blazing fast hercules monochrome graphics card :slight_smile: .

Oh the joy of ancient computing :smiley:

Indeed I have, even Windows 2.03 on a 286/6Mhz with a blazing fast hercules monochrome graphics card
And what about Word for Dos 3, on a 8088 (4 Mhz), the RAM boosted to the max (640Ko), on a … hercules monochrome graphics card too ? The worst was that slow greenish monitor, when the text scrolled, all you could see was a green blur during seconds…

Yeah that too, but we where talking about Windows not DOS eventhough one could argue that Windows was nothing but a DOS application in those days.

If this is going to become a “I am the bigger/better/blah geek” contest, beat this:

I started computing on a Sinclair ZX-80 with a whooping 1 KB of memory an a Zilog Z80 running at stunning 700 kilo Hertz AFAIR. I still have it and can provide pictures as proof.

[b]Yeah that too, but we where talking about Windows not DOS eventhough one could argue that Windows was nothing but a DOS application in those days.

If this is going to become a “I am the bigger/better/blah geek” contest, beat this:

I started computing on a Sinclair ZX-80 with a whooping 1 KB of memory an a Zilog Z80 running at stunning 700 kilo Hertz AFAIR. I still have it and can provide pictures as proof.[/b]
Oh no, I just think Win 3.0 was the worst (of Windows) with ME running second. There were some versions of Mac OS (6 and 7) that were also just about as horrible thanks to John Scully.

Yeah 3.0 was ****ty too but on my personal craplist ME leads the field by a comfortable margin.

A matter of taste, I guess :smiley:

Yes, I see there are Windows ME drivers there, but they’re VIVO/TV or whatever. And none of those there say anything about OpenGL support. Would it be better if I were to just, put Windows XP on my system and download one of those drivers that supports OpenGL? I’m sure the answer is yes, I just remember having a problem with XP not being able to find my Geforce 2 MX 100/200 video card, hence I re-installed Windows ME.

Originally posted by xBrandonBishopx:
Yes, I see there are Windows ME drivers there, but they’re VIVO/TV or whatever. And none of those there say anything about OpenGL support. Would it be better if I were to just, put Windows XP on my system and download one of those drivers that supports OpenGL? I’m sure the answer is yes, I just remember having a problem with XP not being able to find my Geforce 2 MX 100/200 video card, hence I re-installed Windows ME.
Have you considered switching to WebTV?

Or perhaps you could send me money via PayPal ($3000 should do it) and I could come over to your house, click the above posted link, download and install the driver… and then you’d have OpenGL.

xBrandonBishopx,

There aren’t many graphics cards and drivers that don’t support GL.
Plus, we are talking about Nvidia here.

I fixed it, finally. Thanks everyone for the help, and links for drivers. I’ve done this a million times, and for some reason this time I wasn’t able to do it, but none the less, thanks everyone, greatly appreciate it.